· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a cool drink for a hot aussie day - Futureboy   Just a gift for you and your betta! - Hailey   your a funny person, - mitcore   Woof..woof..!!! LOL! - Demi ^_^   yay to chat buddies - arkie   
    Childhood Cancer - Demi ^_^   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Demi ^_^   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Demi ^_^   Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Demi ^_^   

Exclamation GOLDFISH for me!!!!!!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Yup!! My brother, Billy and his friend Jack were using a large net in our dam, where we have lots of catfish, goldfish and other various fish. Anyways, I was on the comp. looking up rat care, when all of a sudden, he rushes in, yells in my ear "DEMI!!!! We caught that goldfish with the double tail! And it has a BABY!"

I rushed over, and sure enough in a bucket, their was a very large fantail goldfish and a 1" baby!!!! We had put 2 goldfish that were 2 inches at the start of the year, and I guess they were female/male!!!

Then Jack burst my happy bubble by saying "I'm taking it home to go in my tank" Ok, A lil background, Jack is the cruelest person in the world, all his pets die, so obviously I was angry! I said "Erm, stay here Jack, I needa talk to my dad..." I went to dad and he said that because the dam was so low, we wont be able to put them back in their, so I begged him and he said I can keep them!!!!!!!!! WHOOT! I'm making the pond today!!!! Atm they are in the bucket with the bubbler, I feel so cruel, via this, but we don't have anything else atm :-( I'm making the pond in an hour or so, so i hope they can hang tight for now :-)

We are looking if their are other goldfish in the dam too! Yay!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   heres a easter egg for easter! - cocoa_pleco   you need a slush - Lady Hobbs   What? Only 3 gifts? I'll change that! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new goldfish!
    CORRECTED video of my fish. This link works. For sure. Really.

Tanks:
    20g long: 4 panda cories, 1 honey gourami, 1 apistogramma borellii, 1 male cacatuoides
    20g High: 3 bolivian rams, 12 rasboras
    8g hex: empty
    5g: empty

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a cool drink for a hot aussie day - Futureboy   Just a gift for you and your betta! - Hailey   your a funny person, - mitcore   Woof..woof..!!! LOL! - Demi ^_^   yay to chat buddies - arkie   
    Childhood Cancer - Demi ^_^   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Demi ^_^   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Demi ^_^   Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    Thx! I am so excited!! I have been wanting goldfish, and then all of a sudden I have 2! Bros at soccer atm, but when he gets back, we r gonna look for more fish in the dam and rescue a few more :-)

I am thinking of names :-P

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you looked a little bare - Algenco   I enjoy reading your threads/posts! :) - MeganL3985   In memory of Mindi - crackatinny   Goodluck with your paper :) - MeganL3985   Always a very nice poster - Lady Hobbs   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - ladyoutlaw50   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - ladyoutlaw50   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - ladyoutlaw50   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ladyoutlaw50   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ladyoutlaw50   

0 Not allowed!
    Good luck with your new venture -- let us know how it all goes!!!
    Kim

"Say what you mean and
    Mean what you say"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift.....for the word game - angelcakes   Here you go Mandy! :-) - digital3   Here is another one! - William   Here's another. LOL - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Just for always being so nice! - William   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - MandyL   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MandyL   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MandyL   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - MandyL   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats! Free fish!
    35 Gallon (36" Long) See my tank pics and stats: My Blog
    Plants: Amazon Swords, Cabombas, Jungle Vals, Water Wisterias, Java Moss, Java Ferns
    Fish: 6 Bronze Cories, 10 Harlequin Rasboras, 3 Sunset Thick-Lipped Gouramis, 4 (tiny) Keyhole Cichlids, 6 Otos, 1 or 2 Ghost Shrimp

Side effects of MTS:
    65 Gallon, 10 Gallon, 29 Gallon (all empty or cycling)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds neat! My grandpa is making a pond and I am going to stock it to my liking also. I think we are gonna start it in a couple weeks out behind his house with and old cattle trough and put land timbers on the outside and my grandma can keep a garden around it and we can keep goldfish and koy inside it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Great advice thanks - nraposa   Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09   Always good answers - Lady Hobbs   You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    Check out the article on goldfish in my blog. It is not done yet but has tons of very important information in it that should be helpful.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist and Published Author in Multiple Aquarium Magazines
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Advanced Aquarium Concepts: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    congrats on the goldfish
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thx guys! And Thx Fishguy for the info!

The pair are now in a 100L+ pond, its 'temperory' as, my we don't want an accident when my lil sister gets to toddler stage..

I have named the large one 'Dimples' no idea why, I had a dream last nite about how I saved a wild mouse from the road and named it Dimples, so the name came to me ;-) The lil baby is undecided :-)