· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default decorations pros and cons

0 Not allowed!
    ok im new to the community and ive been searching around for articles like mine and am pleased and overwhelmed by all my new knowledge. anyways...
    while removing all my tanks decorations today for its cleaning i noticed how many fish i really had.... not good their overcrowded. but why?
    i like to see my fish so id buy some and they'd eventually hide only to be seen when they wanted to. id buy more. vicious circle
    so after cleaning my tank i left all the decorations out. fish swam in circles looked happy. ill see how it goes tomorrow when i wake up!!

my question/concern is what are the pros and cons of actually having decorations. are they needed? life or death? or just for us humans to be amused mostly. from absolutely no decorations to almost to many. wheres the safe zone for the fishes sake

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here is a cuter version for you. - smaug   a cory for your latest sucess :) - graceluvsplatys   Great new tank,! Hope it brings you lots of M.T.S lol - Ryuu   Yay I got my first two awards! - Gemini   No Message - Wild Turkey   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Gemini   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Gemini   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Gemini   Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Gemini   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Gemini   

0 Not allowed!
    Hi! Welcome to the Forum!
    I'm not an expert by any means but from what I have been reading decorations are more than just for human visual pleasure. They provide hiding spots etc. for your fish. Read through this article:
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...decoration.php
    I'm sure there will be a lot more knowledgeable people coming to help you out!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    hello and welcome
    decorations are an important factor in a fish tank due to some breeds of fish like to hide eg catfish loaches, and some are nocturnal and like the dark,natural looking decoration is good such as sinking wood,caves,and also bushy plants,they can also make a tank look very decorative,
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/