· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GBR Tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For SW enthusiasm - NOT skipping class! - Rue   for the bubby goldfish - arkie   in commemoration of you babies. - Gemstone   Have a gift!! - Tolley   Congratulations on your photo award! - fins_n_fur   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Halelorf   

Default GBR Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Moving the last goldfish from my 55 gallon tank into my pond tomorrow morning then it's off to the LFS. Going to get a pair of german blue rams and 2 bristle nose plecos for the algae. I'll get some pics once I get them in and settled.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   heres a easter egg for easter! - cocoa_pleco   you need a slush - Lady Hobbs   What? Only 3 gifts? I'll change that! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds good. Maake sure you get quality rams. DOnt get any bred in asia, as they are low quality.
    CORRECTED video of my fish. This link works. For sure. Really.

Tanks:
    20g long: 4 panda cories, 1 honey gourami, 1 apistogramma borellii, 1 male cacatuoides
    20g High: 3 bolivian rams, 12 rasboras
    8g hex: empty
    5g: empty

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A poor sub for your Betta - Nick_Pavlovski   Here's a ram for ya - Lady Hobbs   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Carlos_x3   

0 Not allowed!
    Go for younger ones that are smaller and have there coloring less developed.
    30g Long Planted South American BioTope Blue Rams & Apisto + Community
    Formerly Carlos_x3, RamGuy13

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For SW enthusiasm - NOT skipping class! - Rue   for the bubby goldfish - arkie   in commemoration of you babies. - Gemstone   Have a gift!! - Tolley   Congratulations on your photo award! - fins_n_fur   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Halelorf   

0 Not allowed!
    The ones i'm getting are raised by the LFS in their hatchery so they are use to my tap water conditions. Should have some pics up sometime today!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Got my ram pair after I moved the last goldfish out of the tank and did a 50% water change. Drip accliamated the rams and I also picked up a albino long finned bristle nose pleco. Also saw a big albino gourami that had been dyed so I was about to not get any fish. But that's the only dyed one i've ever seen there in many years of going and they have the best selection of fish. So I yelled at one of the employees for a few minutes about the dyeing process. It's too bad I didn't see the owner. Anyways the lights will be out till later tonight or till tomorrow then i'll try to get some pics!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   heres a easter egg for easter! - cocoa_pleco   you need a slush - Lady Hobbs   What? Only 3 gifts? I'll change that! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   

0 Not allowed!
    SOunds great! Pics?

Tanks:
    20g long: 4 panda cories, 1 honey gourami, 1 apistogramma borellii, 1 male cacatuoides

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    My picture quest wasn't amazing but considering that the fish have been in the tank for less than a day I think it was good. Ordered a CO2 diffuser for my 10 gallon planted community tank and a RO/DI filter for my saltwater and the ram tank since my water is hard and i've gotten sick of lugging 6 gallon containers of water across town. Now time for pics!

Here is the little pleco. This photo does it no justice at all. It's only about 1.5 inches long but it is beautiful with nice flowing fins. It was not easy waiting and trying to coax it out.

Here is the male ram hiding. Difficult angle on a small fish so :/. The female is just out of the picture in a small hole in the sand behind the lip of the pot. She still has a nice red belly when I saw the pair exploring earlier.

And here is a full tank shot. Excuse the blurryness my hands don't stop shaking and I couldn't find my tripod. You get a basic idea of the tank. The plants are all silk but i'm going to start replacing them with corkscrew vals from my 10 gallon once I get more runners sprouting. The substrate is white sand that my apple snail thought would be funny to poop all over right before he was moved to my 30 gallon tank before I decide if he is to go into the pond or not.

Hope you've enjoyed! I'll be getting more pics after some more cleaning and the fish all get settled in.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    The male ram is lookin a bit stressed, but otherwise good! He;ll color up in a little bit.

Tanks:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift! Thank you for all your great posts =D - Ryuu   

0 Not allowed!
    is that sand or fine gravel?? ur tank looks beautiful.. My favorite is the bristlenose =D

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    I'd get a couple more rams but turn your tank lights off so they aren't so stressed out. They recover faster in the dark.