· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default EGGS!!! helpppppppp

0 Not allowed!
    Hello all, Im new here and to fresh water aquariums.I love this site and have learned so much here, just reading other posts! But need a little help please. Ive had my tank for about 3 months now. I have found a cluster of white eggs laying on top of one of my plants. They are the size of beebees. I have golden snails and think they may be from them, as all my fish are males( I think???lol). Do these sound familiar to anyone? I have a spotted catfish, a cory, and an algae eater, do they lay eggs like this? Any imput appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!
    bonkers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    Golden snails lay their eggs above the water surface so if you mean that they are above the water on top of your plants (at the surface) than it is golden snail eggs.

If they are below water my guess would be that your seeing cory eggs (your cory is than a female that deposited her eggs in the absence of a mail and they will than not develop.) This is however a much more unlikely scenario than the first one.

hope this helps.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks so much... the eggs look awfully big for such a little cory...lol some have floated over and stuck to the filter intake. they are under the water surface, atop a small plastic plant. Should I leave them alone, or how is best to remove without, making a mess in the tank.
    Thanks

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm strange. Cory eggs as well at apple snail eggs are usually well attached so they wouldn’t float away.

Are the eggs laid one and one or in a group shaped as a sausage/cucumber?

I would most likely leave the eggs in the aquarium since it seems very unlikely that the eggs are viable. But if you want to try and se if they hatch you can cut loose the leaf the eggs are laid under and than take some type of container to move the eggs and leaf to another tank. Make sure that the eggs never leave the water and that you take water from your main aquarium to the tank you are going to keep the eggs in.

Regards

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    they eggs were in a cluster like grapes... they actually remind me of styrofoam bebes used for packing boxes...lol... One cluster has started disenegrating and they ones on the filter I removed as I had to clean my filter. Im not concerned about them hatching, I just wondered what they came from... my snail or fish, Im so new to aquariums I squeek...lol, but Im learning as I go... :))

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok. Based on your latest description I can say with 100% confidence that it was snail eggs. All clusters will (most likely) disintegrate since apple snail eggs should don't tolerate water.

If the water level in your aquarium is very high you can consider lowering it a little to allow the snails room to lay their eggs above the surface. This way you should have baby snail relatively soon.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! Ill try that. I have my water level pretty high.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Would you know where the eggs came from? would they be carried from another fish fresh to the tank? Just out of curiousty.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Im pretty sure they got there from the snail she has lpstrong.