· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: New fish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   heres a easter egg for easter! - cocoa_pleco   you need a slush - Lady Hobbs   What? Only 3 gifts? I'll change that! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   

Default New fish

0 Not allowed!
    I traded iin the rams and the male cacatuoides. and I brought home a pair of checkerboard cichlids, which went into the 20high, and a pair of nanacara anomal, which wen tinto the 20 long. The nanncara are being pretty shy, but the checkerboards are already foraging for food! They are gasping a bit, is this normal?

Pics will follow soon!
    CORRECTED video of my fish. This link works. For sure. Really.

Tanks:
    20g long: 4 panda cories, 1 honey gourami, 1 apistogramma borellii, 1 male cacatuoides
    20g High: 3 bolivian rams, 12 rasboras
    8g hex: empty
    5g: empty

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   heres a easter egg for easter! - cocoa_pleco   you need a slush - Lady Hobbs   What? Only 3 gifts? I'll change that! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   

0 Not allowed!
    Well here they are. That yellow fish is my female borellii. She always poses for the camera. I could only get a shot of the anomala female. The male is pretty shy. And I had a good pic of the checkerboard male, but somehow it got corrupted. How do they look?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tanks:
    20g long: 4 panda cories, 1 honey gourami, 1 apistogramma borellii, 1 male cacatuoides

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    They look great! Darn water spots on the glass though! We all suffer the same fate though.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Checkerboard cichlids are ultra-sensitive to water quality, one reason I never tried keeping them myself. Good luck with them, and keep on top of the water changes.

^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks...^^^

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

welcome to ac! - cocoa_pleco   lol, have a heavy beer too! - cocoa_pleco   mixing your drinks, I see - Lady Hobbs   hobbs, he aint goin anywhere without a margarita! - cocoa_pleco   let's get corked - Lady Hobbs   
    HIV/AIDS - digital3   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - digital3   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - digital3   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice pix Ed! Thanks for sharing!
    "My call sign is digital3... But you can call me Joda!"
    Click Here to visit my Blog
    Click Here to see my Pics S.S.A.A.C. & S.R.S.

55 gal. planted (Co2 Pressurized) - 1 Featherfin Syno, 2 Bolivian Rams, 2 SAEs, 3 Congo Tetras, 4 Long Fin Rosy Barbs, 6 Sunset Platys, 2 Lyre Tailed Swordtails, 3 Peppered Corys, 2 YoYo Loaches
    3 gal. planted nano (no Co2) - 1 spotted puffer, 3 Neon Tetras

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    congrats ed you have lovely fish.................
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for being a nice person! ...and the fiendship! :-) - digital3   Thanks for ID'ing my Apisto - Spyder   youre always so nice! - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas Jess :) - MeganL3985   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Fishalicious   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fishalicious   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Fishalicious   HIV/AIDS - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    Woot!! You've really been spoiling me with eye candy recently

Checkerboards are on of my faves... difficult to keep if the water is not kept pristine and they thrive in a lower PH. They will not breed in a higher PH at all.

Nannacara are always a bit more shy for the first few weeks... they will soon come round as they notice you are the hand that feeds them

Congrats on some wonderful beautiful new fish x
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks everyone! How do you sex anomalas?

The checkerboards are dooing fine. The are constantly foraging for food. Ive got them on new Spectrum Grow, because of their small mouth size. THe guy at the store says he acclimates all his dwarfs to hard water before selling them, because most people are idiots and just buy them because they look pretty. The nanncaras are quite aggressive. I think I have a larger female who is chasing the smaller male and the borellii around alot.
    Last edited by Incredulous_Ed; 05-05-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Tanks: