· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dwarf frogs?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

This kinda looks like a platy! To get you started! - MandyL   sorry about your accident! - smaug   For your latest bad luck. - dc300m01   

Default dwarf frogs?

0 Not allowed!
    I rwally want some african dwarf frogs. would they fit in with pleco, platy,gourami, what?

also, breeding? ??

tell me all you know about these adorable little guys!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift.....for the word game - angelcakes   Here you go Mandy! :-) - digital3   Here is another one! - William   Here's another. LOL - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Just for always being so nice! - William   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - MandyL   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MandyL   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MandyL   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - MandyL   

0 Not allowed!
    Yep they should be fine with those. I had a couple many years back in a community tank and they are no problem. Just make sure they get a chance at food as they hunt by smell and not by sight and move slowly. They are adorable though, fun to watch them swim up for a gulp of air.

Breeding I have no clue. I wouldn't think it's the easiest thing to do.
    35 Gallon (36" Long) See my tank pics and stats: My Blog
    Plants: Amazon Swords, Cabombas, Jungle Vals, Water Wisterias, Java Moss, Java Ferns
    Fish: 6 Bronze Cories, 10 Harlequin Rasboras, 3 Sunset Thick-Lipped Gouramis, 4 (tiny) Keyhole Cichlids, 6 Otos, 1 or 2 Ghost Shrimp

Side effects of MTS:
    65 Gallon, 10 Gallon, 29 Gallon (all empty or cycling)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    My wife has a pair in with guppys and swordtails,they have been doing great for over a year now.You should be ok,just make sure they get food.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

This kinda looks like a platy! To get you started! - MandyL   sorry about your accident! - smaug   For your latest bad luck. - dc300m01   

0 Not allowed!
    feeding?
    someone said gouramis will eat them.. is that true?
    oh, and I know platys like salt... do frogs? gouramis? plecos?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    She feeds them a specialized food for frogs.I dont know how gouaramis would react toward them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    gouramis should be fine with them, the frogs usually stay at the bottom, and the gouramis usually stay at the top

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you looked a little bare - Algenco   No Message - Angila   just thought i would say hi - sncrowe   

0 Not allowed!
    I hand feed mine tubifex worms i squish it up real good and put it in front of there face it's awesome but they of course can't eat the whole cube they only eat about a fourth of it but i just let my other fish eat the rest

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Salt is completely unnecessary unless you're treating a case of Ich. They will breed in an aquarium, I remember seeing something about breeding/raising the critters a good while back. I'm sure a google search would turn up the necessary info. Keep the tank covered, they will escape if given the opportunity. Dried frogs aren't much fun.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    thanks! how many shud I get? in a 20 g with a pleco maybe gourami, platy

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    However many you like, they aren't territorial critters. Just make sure you do get dwarf frogs, not African clawed frogs. Dwarfs don't grow very large, clawed frogs grow to the size of a softball and will eat smaller fish.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast