· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Hopefully these guys go to town on my algae.

0 Not allowed!
    Picked up 3 Amano Shimp at the LFS the other day. Don't know how many i would need for my size tank but so far these guys are eating a lot. Sure they have a TON to eat so we'll see how long it takes them to get the tank in shape.

Awards Showcase

Have a drink on me - Dave66 From a fellow BC boy - sailor For making a great game - Futureboy thanks for the rep. - robnepper Congrats on your Gold Award :) - SkinnyChicken 
    To make up for not voting you in...lol :) - MeganL3985 Have a great trip! - MeganL3985 Happy B'day - donvichu sounds like you need a beer Doug - sailor Nice job on new tank - Lady Hobbs 
    tribbles - Commodore 64 One more for the school! - Wild Turkey Seasons Greetings, have anice Christmas. - Brookfish Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey 
    Merry Christmas - Northernguy Congrats TOTM - Northernguy Happy Birthday Mate - fraggle Thanks, good to see you back! - Brookfish 
    Autism - doug z Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - doug z 

0 Not allowed!
    Cool!

You have otos, too, right?
    75g - 20 cardinals : 7 panda cory : 5 Julii cory : 9 zebra danios : 1 CAE : 2 SAE : 2 yo-yos : 1 BN
    25g: 5 long-finned zebra danios

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow great pics! I've never had shrimp, been thinking about them though after my tank finishes cycling. Are they easy to keep?
    Niki

3 10gal tanks - all empty, one may be set up again soon, with what I don't know yet
    1 55gal tank - community tank, currently set up with natural driftwood, rock, fake plants (hoping to change to real ones soon), 8 long-finned zebra danios, 8 platies, 5 bronze corydoras and a male betta

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Those are some beautiful shrimp, and very beautiful photography!!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nice! How big are they? I'd like to find some here.
    35 Gallon (36" Long) See my tank pics and stats: My Blog
    Plants: Amazon Swords, Cabombas, Jungle Vals, Water Wisterias, Java Moss, Java Ferns
    Fish: 6 Bronze Cories, 10 Harlequin Rasboras, 3 Sunset Thick-Lipped Gouramis, 4 (tiny) Keyhole Cichlids, 6 Otos, 1 or 2 Ghost Shrimp

Side effects of MTS:
    65 Gallon, 10 Gallon, 29 Gallon (all empty or cycling)

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doug z
    Cool!

You have otos, too, right?
    nope...i have neons tetras(9)....and bloodfin tetras(3)... and 1 zebra daino who's been going crazy the last two weeks with nobody else. Nothing else survived the oxygen crises of April 2008

Awards Showcase

Have a drink on me - Dave66 From a fellow BC boy - sailor For making a great game - Futureboy thanks for the rep. - robnepper Congrats on your Gold Award :) - SkinnyChicken 
    To make up for not voting you in...lol :) - MeganL3985 Have a great trip! - MeganL3985 Happy B'day - donvichu sounds like you need a beer Doug - sailor Nice job on new tank - Lady Hobbs 
    tribbles - Commodore 64 One more for the school! - Wild Turkey Seasons Greetings, have anice Christmas. - Brookfish Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey 
    Merry Christmas - Northernguy Congrats TOTM - Northernguy Happy Birthday Mate - fraggle Thanks, good to see you back! - Brookfish 
    Autism - doug z Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - doug z 

0 Not allowed!
    Shrimp are cool, too.. :)
    75g - 20 cardinals : 7 panda cory : 5 Julii cory : 9 zebra danios : 1 CAE : 2 SAE : 2 yo-yos : 1 BN
    25g: 5 long-finned zebra danios

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    If you get the algae cleaned out, they will do a decent job of keeping it at bay. If you have a lot of algae they'll never keep up.
    Cool shrimp and fantastic pics
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Algenco
    If you get the algae cleaned out, they will do a decent job of keeping it at bay. If you have a lot of algae they'll never keep up.
    Cool shrimp and fantastic pics

I think next water change i'm going to brush a lot of the algae off my driftwood which is easy to do and where they've been spending most of their time. With that gone hopefully they'll move on the the algae thats on the plants that i can't get off.

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNISHER VETTE
    I think next water change i'm going to brush a lot of the algae off my driftwood which is easy to do and where they've been spending most of their time. With that gone hopefully they'll move on the the algae thats on the plants that i can't get off.
    Sounds like a good plan
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook