· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default treating ick in scaleless fish.

0 Not allowed!
    I recommend everybody to read the article treating ich/ick in scaleless fish by Jb to learn more about treating scaleless fish.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

2. Default treating ick on scaleless fish.

0 Not allowed!
    I just spotted this article you recommended. I have been successful with Aquirisol (can't spell tonight) but it does work. I used it one time on clowns. Have you ever heard of Super Cure Ick? Just wondering if that had traces of copper in it?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I always just use heat treatment. Works perfectly on every fish I've tried it on.

4. Default ick on scalesfish

0 Not allowed!
    What did you put the heat up to? I know clowns can take 84-86 but little fish such as herry barbs con't. ARe cories okay in 82 i am sure they are. I will keep this in mind. Now the cyle for ick is usually a week so you just leave the heat up for that amount of time?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    32 degrees celsius.

I've used that on fish which aren't supposed to tolerate heat well, such as goldfish and pakistani loaches, and it never bothered them.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    hello, i am currently heat-salt-treating 10 and a 46 gallon tanks....

the heater in my 10 gallon is a 50 watt and does not seem to want to get above 85....i could put the light on perhaps but i wanted to leave it off. (6 tiger barbs)

the heater in my 46 gallon is 150 watts and i am now at 84 and i think still rising. (3 cories, 3 zebra danios, 2 serpae tetra, 1 rainbow shark)

please, could you tell me if these heaters are capable of raising my water temp in both tanks to 88 degrees, or even 86? should i buy a larger heater, or do i just need to wait and let it rise? im pretty sure the 10 gallon temp isnt going up any further and it is pinned.

i have another thread detailing everything ive been doing to treat this so far.
    Last edited by frank_zappa; 02-21-2009 at 06:15 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by William
    I recommend everybody to read the article treating ich/ick in scaleless fish by Jb to learn more about treating scaleless fish.
    Wish more people would read this and just use the half doses of Ick Quard. Ick Quard11 (for sensitive fish) is also available now which is probably about the same as using the half doses.

I'm reading more and more articles that scaleless fish do not tolerate the salt treatments well at all. Because we are "used to" doing things one way does not mean it's the best way.

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Wish more people would read this and just use the half doses of Ick Quard. Ick Quard11 (for sensitive fish) is also available now which is probably about the same as using the half doses.

I'm reading more and more articles that scaleless fish do not tolerate the salt treatments well at all. Because we are "used to" doing things one way does not mean it's the best way.
    I agree LH. I have 8 scaleless fish in my tank and have successfully gotten rid of ich with the "half-dose"/waterchange method without a single loss. Infact, it's worked a few times over the years.
    Thar she blows!!!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a 90 gallon tank in which I have pink tulip eel and a amphivious frog and a few placos The tank is infected with ick and I,m not sure how to treat it. I was going to use quick cure but, everyone tells me different things. First can I use this with an eel and frog? If so, how much of a dosage and for how long? Should I do 25% water changes every day and raise the temp.? I'd hate to lose my eel,I've had him for 4 years. I recently removed a large oscar from the tank because he was terrorizing everyone, I think the stress of him hascaused the ick. Help,how do I handle this situation without loosing my beautiful eel and frog?

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna McLellan
    I have a 90 gallon tank in which I have pink tulip eel and a amphivious frog and a few placos The tank is infected with ick and I,m not sure how to treat it. I was going to use quick cure but, everyone tells me different things. First can I use this with an eel and frog? If so, how much of a dosage and for how long? Should I do 25% water changes every day and raise the temp.? I'd hate to lose my eel,I've had him for 4 years. I recently removed a large oscar from the tank because he was terrorizing everyone, I think the stress of him hascaused the ick. Help,how do I handle this situation without loosing my beautiful eel and frog?
    Have you read the article this thread is about?