· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Exclamation Most Rare & Unusual Need Help to I.D Please!

0 Not allowed!

I was given this juvenile Dojo Loach from my local Petsmart store. I am trying to get help indentifying what may be wrong with him, problem is no one, so far seems to know. It seems very Rare and only effecting his head the rest of his body looks perfect. He is young and came to me with the deformity so I do not know how long he has been this way.
    The other Dojo siblings do not have anything going on with them and are in all ways normal. I obtained him and his siblings October 30th 2011. But it appears now that the swelling on his right side of his head has increased and his eye is vanishing with only a slight grey dot remains. He is eating and active despite what is going on and I would love help on how to treat possibly ideas as to what this may be. I keep looking on the internet with no information to what this little guy may have. Please Help
    Attached Images Attached Images

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to say, but I would not attempt to treat a fish in that condition. It appears to be a severe bacterial or fungal infection. Most likely, deep tissue damage has already occurred. The most humane course of action would be to euthanize it.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

0 Not allowed!
    I've never seen anything like that before. Looks very bad.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

0 Not allowed!
    That looks like a large tumor. You can see the vasculature underneath the skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

5. Default dojo

0 Not allowed!
    Could this be a tumor?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab_Rat
    I have had others suspect that it may be a tumor is there any treatment for something like that?

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with Lab_Rat, it is a tumor.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab_Rat

You're probably right Labby. Im looking at the attachments now from my pc.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hollie526
    I have had others suspect that it may be a tumor is there any treatment for something like that?
    Even if it's a benign tumor (which it most likely is if it is a young fish), the location of it would make surgical resection likely impossible. Is it growing? Does the fish seem distressed? If it's not getting larger and the fish is able to function normally/not distressed, then I'd leave things be. If it's suffering I'd euthanize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    it also appear to me to be a very large tumor. Most likely, it will continue to grow and cause a slow and painful death for the fish. I think euthanasia is the best thing for it, unfortunately. :(