· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just got my Rex Grigg dry fertilizers so i'll start using those any day now.

Some potassium nitrate
    potassium sulfate
    mono potassium phosphate
    Plantex CSM + B for the trace elements
    plus the seachem flourish and iron which i just started the other day.

0 Not allowed!
    If you are using dry ferts do not use your Seachem flourish products. Dry ferts are a lot more potent then flourish. You will overload your tank in a hurry if you do.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvMyGoldBarb
    If you are using dry ferts do not use your Seachem flourish products. Dry ferts are a lot more potent then flourish. You will overload your tank in a hurry if you do.
    I'm following what Rex does and he uses the ones i mentioned. Since Iron isn't in any of the dry fertilizers i have to use seachem Iron.

And seachem Flourish has something else that he liked that wasn't in the fertilizers.... But maybe if any this would be the one to get ride of.

0 Not allowed!
    Iron is actually in the CSM+B, not in huge amounts mind you, but it is there. You may need to continue the Iron dosing.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I bought an iron test kit so once i start using them i'll make sure i'm getting the right amount.

I also got a phosphate test kit.

So the only thing i done have is potassium but i'm going to guess that since it's in everything i'll just do the recommended amount.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh don't worry, Potassium is one thing you will have plenty of with that mixture. That is exact same mixture of ferts I use.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvMyGoldBarb
    Oh don't worry, Potassium is one thing you will have plenty of with that mixture. That is exact same mixture of ferts I use.

For your CSM how much of that do you add and how big is your tank?

On the website and in the calculator it tells me how much of each in grams, teaspoons, and table spoons i need to raise my tank to a certain point. But it doesn't have the CSM in the calculator.

I'll be using 1/4, 1/2, and 1 teaspoons for most of my measuring.
    Nitrates require .6 teaspoons
    Phosphates .15 teaspoons
    potassium 3 teaspoons
    those are what i'm going to shooting for.

0 Not allowed!
    I'd add some iron tablets at the roots of those amazons, too.

0 Not allowed!
    My tank is a 125 and I added 1/2 tsp 3 times a week.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hate to jack this thread PV,ques for you GB.Would I see a noticeable improvement using griggs product without co2?At the moment I use the entire seachem line.