· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Indian Glass Fish

0 Not allowed!
    So I was browsing the tanks at my LFS today, and I passed by one tank that looked empty, but then I thought I saw something move out of the corner of my eye, so I looked again. It was absolutely amazing! I saw about 15 of what was labeled as Indian Glass Fish, and they were all sitting in the water perfectly motionless. They were the cutest little buggers at barley 1/4 inch. One only slightly twitched to get a better look at me peering in, but I couldn't get over how cool these little guys were. I don't think I've ever seen fish sit that still in water before. Not even their fins were moving! :D

Has anyone ever kept these cuties before? I wonder what their personality is like.
    This is my witty and clever signature. You like? :)

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    They are the species that suffers to become painted glass fish/tetras.
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I wonder why anyone would want to paint them? They are already beautiful.
    This is my witty and clever signature. You like? :)

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Unfortunately, suppliers don't think that way, and uneducated people only see these beautiful fish...as did my kids and myself in the beginning which is how we ended up with a glofish, and 2 fruity tetras. Once I found out I swore never to purchase again. But picture the parent who allows their child to have an aquarium, maintenance is minimal at best, when it gets too dirty, or all of the fish die, they just scrub it all out and let them restock. After all, they are only fish, fish die. Then your little girl sees these brightly colored pink and blue fish and wants them, how can you say no? And the people like this obviously don't care about the welfare of said fish so now a cyle of purchase, dies, repurchase has begun and the suppliers will of course keep up with demand!
    Speaking of, today I saw a colored botia loach, and it just tore my heart to think that these fine species are going to be the next type of unsuspecting victims of tanks not properly set up, not properly cared for, and most purchasers will have no clue what a botia even is, just that it is beautiful. I had done some research on the botia loaches awhile back because I was considering purchasing some, and knew that I had seen a pretty colored loach somewhere so I asked the store employee, and he said although he didn't know the scientific name, he did know for sure that it was dyed.
    Kimmer

0 Not allowed!
    i used to have a school of indian glassfish( not dyed) a long time ago. they did okay in my old 20gallon. i don't really remember much else about the though. this was like 15 years ago.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    I like the glofish. They are not dyed or injected, the color is permanent because it is genetic. They added a fragment of DNA from a coral into the genome of a gold zebra danio, and now they breed different lines with many neon colors. It is not harmful to the fish and they do not suffer at all.
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.