· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dang plants!

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    pics of replanting,the swords in the front left are where the HC and microsword used to be,The swords used to be behind the driftwood.
    6thincarnate.JPG

oldswords.JPG

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm bumping this one because I posted the new pics so late last night.Sorry to be presumptuous.

Awards Showcase

welcome to ac! - cocoa_pleco lol, have a heavy beer too! - cocoa_pleco mixing your drinks, I see - Lady Hobbs hobbs, he aint goin anywhere without a margarita! - cocoa_pleco let's get corked - Lady Hobbs 
    shaken. stirred, or both? lol - cocoa_pleco BEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! - cocoa_pleco Awesome stuff! Heres to you! - S13DWS thought we could share a drink - mitcore trust me, you will need this after all that alcohol - Kuli_Loach 
    For being a great guy x - Fishalicious cheers pal :) - arkie Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 you rock man - arkie Merry Christmas - Stay the way you are - The Best!!! - Fishalicious 
    Merry Christmas ya dog lover! - RichBowyer Merry christmas! - cocoa_pleco merry christmas and a happy new year :-) - mitcore i felt like being nice.... enjoy it, it doesnt happen very often lol - arkie happy new year babe - arkie 
    HIV/AIDS - digital3 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - digital3 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - digital3 

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, plants can get tough. I'm still working out my kinks. Even with the Co2.

Don't give up! Your tank looks very nice, and that makes it worth the hard work. I know some day I will achieve that "perfect balance." But I'd rather take my lumps and learn than end up with an "accidentally" perfect tank. Cuz then I'll never learn how I got there. My "jack-ups" are really teaching me a lot.

Trust me, some days I want to rip all my plants out and just throw some plastic ones in there, or some cool rock formations, but then I remember that I need to stay focused on the goal at hand. And in the end, we'll know that we're successful through our hard work!

Keep it up man! Keep it up!
    "My call sign is digital3... But you can call me Joda!"
    Click Here to visit my Blog
    Click Here to see my Pics S.S.A.A.C. & S.R.S.

55 gal. planted (Co2 Pressurized) - 1 Featherfin Syno, 2 Bolivian Rams, 2 SAEs, 3 Congo Tetras, 4 Long Fin Rosy Barbs, 6 Sunset Platys, 2 Lyre Tailed Swordtails, 3 Peppered Corys, 2 YoYo Loaches
    3 gal. planted nano (no Co2) - 1 spotted puffer, 3 Neon Tetras

0 Not allowed!
    smaug, I think I finally understand exactly what is going on in your tank and why you don't really have a huge need for additional CO2 even with the amount of light and ferts you are using. Seeing the pictures you put up clued me in. You have a ton of floating plants that I assume are water lettuce. Those things are sucking up most of your extra nutrients. Did you recently remove a number of them? If so that could account for the algae growth.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvMyGoldBarb
    smaug, I think I finally understand exactly what is going on in your tank and why you don't really have a huge need for additional CO2 even with the amount of light and ferts you are using. Seeing the pictures you put up clued me in. You have a ton of floating plants that I assume are water lettuce. Those things are sucking up most of your extra nutrients. Did you recently remove a number of them? If so that could account for the algae growth.
    they have only been in there for a few months there is actually more of them now then there were a few weeks ago.I may be confusing some with the talk of algae,the only plant it grows on was the micro sword.I had a huge outbreak of BBA last year about this time,I did a complete tear down and did a bleach nuke on everything,that is gone now.I am not even sure that it was algae on the micro sword or what it was.It wouldnt wipe of ,it seemed as if it were actually part of the leaf.Is micro sword similar to vals?Could be it was a reaction to the excel similar to the troubles Lady Hobbs has.Whatever it is.Im done with MS.And yes they are water lettuce,and I have WAY too many.Most will be going to my pond very soon.Thanks for the ideas GB.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You're right, plants can be a bugger, I am also struggling with mine, however on the upside I think your tank is absouletly stunning and should be entered in TOTM. ABSOULETLY STUNNING:)
    Karen
    90g Cichlid- Green Terror, Severum, Firemouth, Blood Parrot
    46g Fluval Vincenza - Angel Fish, Blue Rams, Planted
    48 Gallon Saltwater Reef with sump

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kitten3326
    You're right, plants can be a bugger, I am also struggling with mine, however on the upside I think your tank is absouletly stunning and should be entered in TOTM. ABSOULETLY STUNNING:)
    thank you Karen,im flattered you would say that.