· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    their is green hair algea as well and the amano shrimp love to eat it... They are great scavengers for it and will eat remaining food from fish feeding. but they tend to eat redder plants i have read

Also a little fact is that they are actually named Yamato shrimp and the reason why it is called an Amano shrimp is because the famous Takashi Amano added them into his tanks for algea eaing purposes!
    Alex

Don Juan Matus My true hero and many more

My Photos

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    how about try add iron and potasium fert.
    Join the Revolution! Sign up for Revolution MoneyExchange, a no-fee Paypal alternative here .

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The tank is looking good. Wait until them grow ou. That tank will be awesome..... Nice pics bud and keep up the good work on the tank....
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

0 Not allowed!
    Looking nice. The only suggestion I'd give you for the Red Temples is to plant them a bit closer together.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    wow I would have never guessed closer, I just noticed one of my red temples is bubbleing out of its roots, I cant believe how fast the plants are growing, the red temples are really taking off but the Myriophyllum tuberculatum has grown roots and some new branches, My baby tears are finally taking off and Ive even noticed some changes in my anubias nana(Not sure on spelling). I love having a planted tank, Im just hoping that the tank doesnt break out with alot of algae. It looks like my tank will be cycled by tomarrow so I think I will do a water change and try to clean up some of the algae and get it out of the tank.
    75g:
    5 small clown loaches
    Blue acara
    satanoperca leucosticta (earth eater)

0 Not allowed!
    The anubia is a slow grower but the rest are all stem plants and not slow growers at all. In fact stem plants are generally faster growers that suck up the nutrients faster.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I got the nana becuase they said it needed high light and to help stop algae from growing on its leaves you should plant it with fast growing plants, I noticed it is creating alot of bubbles right now too!!
    75g:
    5 small clown loaches
    Blue acara
    satanoperca leucosticta (earth eater)

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice pics! Your tank is looking really good. When the plants fill out I think that the tank will look amazing!