· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

You deserve a gift ! :) - MeganL3985 For doing research!  BTW...college ;) - Rue Put him with Bruce.... - jbeining75 Its good to have company - smaug Thought this might help while your're sick. Hope you feel better soon. - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    For the cards - William An Apple For Teaching Grad!  Congrats! - MeganL3985 You deserve to let yourself go for all the hard work you did to graduate!!! - Bolivian Ram Here's an apple for the teacher, great job Ellen - sailor A koi, because they love being in a school!! - smaug 
    Congrats on the job - sailor congrats on the job ! - Algenco For getting your teaching job - snipers_den Welcome back! - fins_n_fur merry xmas - smaug 
    For the new tank - Northernguy Way to go! DIY Stand. - Northernguy My condolances to you and your family. - Mith Good Luck, thanks for the rep! - Wild Turkey I thought you might like a Frontosa. - Brookfish 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Ellen4God Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ellen4God 

Question Itty bitty baby cherry shrimp

0 Not allowed!
    Wow! They are SOOOO...tiny! I just did a water change/gravel vacuum, and as I was about to carry the bucket to the bathroom to dump it out, I saw something gliding around the top of the water, so I took a closer look. It was a tiiiiiiny cherry shrimp!!! So, that means my berried shrimp had babies!!! w00t!!!

But then, I was too scared to dump it after seeing that one, so I looked closer, and I saw about 5 on the bottom of the bucket. But, they are SO tiny. Much smaller than the other one that I just took out.

Soooo - my question is: How do I take them out of the bucket? lol I just used a cup to get the 'bigger' one out, but I can't really do that with these smaller ones, as they're much smaller and it'll be hard to see them, and they're also at the bottom of the bucket. The other one was at the top, so it just sort of flowed into the cup. I don't want to hurt the little things!!!! Any ideas? I don't want to dump it until I get them out.

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    Congratulations Mama!!

Probably best to siphon them out
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    congrats on the cherry shrimp!
    glad you didnt dump them down the drain.....
    Alex

Don Juan Matus My true hero and many more

My Photos

Awards Showcase

You deserve a gift ! :) - MeganL3985 For doing research!  BTW...college ;) - Rue Put him with Bruce.... - jbeining75 Its good to have company - smaug Thought this might help while your're sick. Hope you feel better soon. - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    For the cards - William An Apple For Teaching Grad!  Congrats! - MeganL3985 You deserve to let yourself go for all the hard work you did to graduate!!! - Bolivian Ram Here's an apple for the teacher, great job Ellen - sailor A koi, because they love being in a school!! - smaug 
    Congrats on the job - sailor congrats on the job ! - Algenco For getting your teaching job - snipers_den Welcome back! - fins_n_fur merry xmas - smaug 
    For the new tank - Northernguy Way to go! DIY Stand. - Northernguy My condolances to you and your family. - Mith Good Luck, thanks for the rep! - Wild Turkey I thought you might like a Frontosa. - Brookfish 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Ellen4God Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I've been sitting there with a plastic cub since I posted this thread,and I've been slooooowly getting the little guys out of there. There is still one that I can't seem to get. I'll get him though!!

Pretty exciting to have baby shrimp. :] Funny that I had no clue though. lol

Awards Showcase

And time for YOUR gifts - Lady Hobbs another - Lady Hobbs lol - Lady Hobbs No Message - Lady Hobbs have a blue discus! - cocoa_pleco 
    but hes gonna need a friend! - cocoa_pleco A gift for myself - drubeeber For all the loves in my life - sandy_n are secret :) haa - The Red Severum Because Your Great :) - MeganL3985 
    For the beautiful picture :) - MeganL3985 word game buddy yay - angelcakes For Bri...who has been so brave & so strong. - sandy_n there you go buddy !!! - angelcakes Merry Christmas!!!! - Tolley 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco So sorry. - cer Sorry for your loss - lovleeko happy christmas and lovely new year - angelcakes Just because, lol - sandy_n 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - tiggely Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - tiggely Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - tiggely Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sandy_n Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - sandy_n 
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - sandy_n Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - sandy_n Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - sandy_n World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sandy_n 

0 Not allowed!
    Congratulations!
    You can't play nice with people who don't play by the rules!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    congrats glad u saw them sorry i have no ideas to help u.... Good luck with the last one

0 Not allowed!
    I put a piece of nylon over my gravel vac so as not to pick up any.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    I put a piece of nylon over my gravel vac so as not to pick up any.
    I read that after I posted my thread. lol Does the nylon prevent any of the debris being siphoned out?

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the babies there mama.... Take good care and you'll have a bunch in no time....
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    I found a piece of airline tubing is a good size for siphoning out tiny shrimp. I'd always check the water bucket after siphoning the tank, can't remember too many times there weren't a few wee shrimplets to be rescued before it was dumped. Even when there were well over 100 shrimp in the tank I just couldn't dump the bucket w/out checking it first.