24. You may not vote on this poll
  • coldwater

13 54.17%
  • freshwater or saltwater

11 45.83%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

Default to get the goldfish forum going.....1st thread

0 Not allowed!
    ive always been a lover of goldfish and any coldwater fish, with coldwater this how i started and am now a full freshwater keeper except koi in the pond,
    have many of you other fishkeepers started with coldwater or did you just start with freshwater/saltwater?
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

sorry about your cat, but 18 years old is a impressive age! - cocoa_pleco   Heres To Those Baby Angels Of Yours! :) - MeganL3985   oscar drinking party! - cocoa_pleco   for quiz answer - Dave66   From one mom to another, cheers! - SkarloeysMom   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - arkie   

0 Not allowed!
    i started with a 3 ft tank with mystery snails (mum didnt like the idea of fish?) then she saw how dull the tank was and how it was boring, i suggested a few goldfish... i ended up 7 or 8 in the end lol. so i had the goldfish for years then i progressed onto tropicals a few years back
    4ft cichlid community
    4ft community tank
    2ft endler guppy tank
    think i have MTS!!!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because of you I saved a fish!! - 2manyfish   Thanks for all of the help that you have given me :) - squirt_12   to my new buddy - mitcore   For being you! - NickFish   Here is a hotdog for a good Freind! - Patriot   

0 Not allowed!
    started with tropical. My 2' 19g started with 7 neons and 3 male guppies.

50G Tank - Kyathit Danios, Zebra Danio, Swordtails, Silver Hatchetfish, Platy, Gold Barbs, Cherry Barbs, Bolivian Rams, Apisto, Zebra Loaches.
    20G 'Nano Fish' Tank - Pygmy Rasboras, Lampeyes, Sparkling Gouramis, CPD, Bronze Corydoras, Cherry Shrimp
    Wanted: More CPD's and Loaches.
    Keep updated with my fish world in my Blog! And my tanks Blog!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    My first tank was a coldwater saltwaer tank with young soles, cods and anglerfish. Or perhaps I kept some crabs before that. I don´t know.

After that it had been nothing but tropical freshwater but I would like to give saltwater another go.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For SW enthusiasm - NOT skipping class! - Rue   for the bubby goldfish - arkie   in commemoration of you babies. - Gemstone   Have a gift!! - Tolley   Congratulations on your photo award! - fins_n_fur   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Halelorf   

0 Not allowed!
    I started with some fancy goldfish and it grew from there.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just a regular gift! - Rue   Wheres all your gifts JB?!  Heres another one! - MeganL3985   for a buddy - smaug   Welcome back - sailor   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jbeining75   

0 Not allowed!
    coldwater is still freshwater..... maybe coldwater versus tropical or saltwater three cats.... Good pol though anyway...

I went freshwater.....
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

Latest gifts & ribbons:

everyone needs a gift! - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    Can't vote. Started with both. ;*)

But yeah goldies are my fav. Then bettas. ;*)
    Last edited by relsoft; 04-11-2008 at 12:57 AM.
    http://rel.betterwebber.com/

Nurse by night, programmer when okay, teacher by day, Phish all the way!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need some gifts - Lady Hobbs   strawberry daquari anyone? - Lady Hobbs   food, food, food - Lady Hobbs   My hero! - Lady Hobbs   Have another? - Drumachine09   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - xoolooxunny   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - xoolooxunny   

0 Not allowed!
    Freshwater, tropical planted. My community fish were actually an afterthought to the planted tank.
    -75g FW community, planted
    -10g FW guppies, planted
    -44g Terrarium, tree frog, various plants.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    well I gues I would say both kinda, I started with goldfish and some freshwater fish in a 10g tank that was heated...The heater heated the tank up too much and killed the goldfish, so after that it was all tropical fish for me.
    "They had learned to speak, and so had won their first great victory over Time. Now the knowledge of one generation could be handed on to the next, so that each age could profit from those that had gone before." 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Arthur C. Clark

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    Very interesting results here! Started with tropical tanks. Have one coldwater tank now.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.