· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on 150

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

Default Update on 150

0 Not allowed!
    Everyone is settling in very well. Before she was even eating the big female was holding (mouthbrooding eggs/fry). Before too long one of the other females was doing the same. They have now both released their broods. I do not see any fry, so they were either eaten (possibly by the one that I believe is a fry eater, based on the one it looks like in one of my books) or they are hiding well like they should. I added a whole case of lace rock just for the fry to hide in. We will have to wait and see.

I have only lost two out of fifteen total. Neither death was due to water quality or aggression, the were due to the rockwork. One showed huge scrape marks one night and the next morning was dead. The other was just found the other day. He got himself stuck between a rock and the glass. I will add more 'must-haves' but won't add them just to get some more in there. I have seen some really nice peacocks and want to save space for them, not just 'good-enoughs'.

This is the fry-eater (the blue one) sorry the pic is blurry:
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

0 Not allowed!
    Very, very nice. They must think they're in heaven in a 150 gallon tank. I take it many of your tanks must be acrylic? I know those babies cost a small fortune.

0 Not allowed!
    there's a guy on another site, i won't say which one but, he has an 800 gallon acrylic custom tank. the thing is gorgeous!

0 Not allowed!
    1800 gallon one in the doctors office downstate! I'm lucky if I can get a 55 from my car to my living room.

0 Not allowed!
    good god! 1800 gallons! that's like the state aquarium in some states.lol

Default reptileguy

0 Not allowed!
    What will you put now in the tank you just moved these fish from? Is this what you want for the peacocks or is this the blue ram tank?

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    I plan on adding blue rams to the 40 gallon community tank and I did not have any of these before this tank was setup. My dad had a mbuna tank that ended up with just yellow labs. He didn't take care of his tanks (what are now the 55 discus, 150 peacocks, and the 40 community). He let me take them over and in a few months they are what they are now. The old 40 gallon was acrylic but I replaced it with a glass one because I absolutely hate acrylic. It scratches way too easy for something that is made to be looked at. It may be lighter, but how often are you moving the tank compared to how often are you looking at the tank? Now I just want to do more, and bigger. I just can't afford it or have anywhere to do it until the basement is cleared out.
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

0 Not allowed!
    My son and I are the only in the family interested in fish. He started in a big way, tho, with 100 gallons and finally a 300 gallon. He's out of it now and I wish I could have inherited some of his equipment.

0 Not allowed!
    http://members.aol.com/WnyZman/rams.html

You've probably read about everything already on the rams but here was an article that I thought kind of good. I'm wondering about putting some myself in my 30 gallon.