Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Forum rules
04-07-2008, 02:30 PM #1
Forum Rules: (check back periodically to check for updates)
- Signatures: Font size no more than 2, max lines of 6 without image or if using an image, 3 lines max and image of no more than 400 width x 150 height in pixels. Spacer lines also count as a signature line and included in your 6 line limit. This rule is strictly enforced to allow better access to the forum by our cellular users.
- You may add your website link in your signature without directing to it. Note: this is only allowed for senior members--this is not permitted for new members.
- Do not promote products and websites in an attempt to lure our members there or to buy products or donate to another site. AC is not to be used to promote your business ventures. Recommending a product you like is allowed and welcomed.
- Do not hijack another’s thread with unrelated questions you have.
- Do not post your question in multiple threads. Post your question once and in the proper thread that pertains to your question.
- Do not argue or be rude to Moderator’s either in the forum or PM’s. If you have a problem with a Moderator’s decision, PM another Moderator or the Administrator with your concerns.
- Do not spam! All promotions from new members are considered spam.
- You are never allowed to post links that promote affiliate programs for yourself or family members.
- You are not allowed to create new AC service/features. If you have an idea that you think would benefit AC, send your suggestion to the Administrator (William) and let him decide whether to add it to the site.
- Respect other’s way of doing things in this hobby of ours. There is more than one "right" way to do things. Acknowledge that other methods may also work. If you think someone gave erroneous advice, say so politely and discuss this in a mature manner.
- Ask permission from the staff before starting forum games or a contest.
- You are not allowed to take part in or promote rep exchanges / rep schemes designed to increase reputation points. Rep should only be given when you see a post you think is well written with good advice.
- Copyright! Articles and photo’s from within the net are not to be copied and pasted and claimed to be written by you. Give the true author the credit for that writing by simply posting a link to where the article is so they get credit for their own work.
- QUOTING. The quote button is a useful tool if used wisely. If used excessively it is annoying, so please use it with discretion to prevent excessively long posts and needless scrolling for our cellular users and also forum members.
- Be polite with other members and treat them well.
- Use common sense when being active on the forum and start no drama!
- No cursing, profanity or obscene language is allowed. No posting of articles or photos relating to sexual activities, nudity or links to adult material or other sites containing illegal downloads.
- No discussions relating to personal drug or criminal activities, mental instability, talk of suicide or jokes not proper for general viewing.
- No posting of personal information such as addresses, e-mails or financial information. No posting of information that can help facilitate illegal file sharing and downloading. No requests of purchases or donations.
- No posting of hate pages or propaganda.
- NO POLITICS! Your personal opinions regarding your government, your elections and political views do not belong here nor do your views on ethnic, sex gender or religious views.
- Do not cause DRAMA.
- If given a short cool- down ban, do not return under a New User Name or that ban will become a permanent ban!
- Not allowed: Personal websites for collection of money for causes
- Do not use AC for the purpose of boycotting products, websites, stores or causes.
Besides this Any conduct unbecoming of a member of AC Community Forums deemed unsuitable by the Moderator’s or the Administrator can result in a ban as well as the rules of the forum simply ignored.
Last edited by KingFisher; 12-12-2012 at 03:51 AM.
06-15-2012, 06:25 PM #2
Just a bump for the newer members, In particular the quoting part.
It is not necessary to quote the post directly above yours, or if quoting is not relevant to your post.