· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   

Default POTM's future for ac.

2 Not allowed!
    Hey everyone,

Now just a little bit of thinking going on, on my end! Something which will need William and the mod team to chat over.

So this year the POTM has been a little quiet. And that dose not bother me at all! Even if there is only two images to post it will go up.
    Put it this way no fear of the comp stopping.

What I want is to see the old ac active again. To slow for me that is for sure. Yes I may not be my normal 20ish post's per day. But I am on my taptalk app vewing all forum activity and watching. So my idea is to some how get people on our sister site to join in on the comps to be make it more active.

What is every ones thoughts??

mac

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   

2 Not allowed!
    What are the sisters sites? FB?
    I don't have FB (never will) so I can't view it. I'm on the traditional site on my phone. I don't use the PC. I don't have any trouble using the traditional site and actually prefer it over tapatalk.

I agree though, this forum is too slow, I feel like I must be missing out on everything and I blame FB (sorry). I can't see ppl firing up the old PCs again :( But it would be nice if non-FB ppl could participate.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   For new fish ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Good luck on your exam! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    What I have noticed in some newer forums is that a chat feature has been added to attract the younger fish keeper. They are very popular. Of course chatting isn't for everyone, but, including this feature in a forum keeps the new generation of fish-keepers ( who have been raised to interact in this mode) coming back. And, it builds community.

I also think that the addition of a chat section raises activity in the forum overall as it encourages discussion that in turn motivates questions in the forum section.

Just my two cents.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   

1 Not allowed!
    This is a good post mac, I hope to get some discussion here. Good suggestion discusluv. I know I'm one of the only who never wanted FB, but it is true, seems like the old forum took a huge hit. Although, I've recently seen some new members and older members coming back, so hopefully that is a step in the right direction.

I've been regular here for at least a year or two, seems like it was a lot busier before the FB site came into existence. I personally don't get the convenience of FB, but that's because I don't use it. I'm happy I'm not the only one who is disappointed with the activity lately and hope something can be done to bring it back to where it used to be. Lol, I wondered if ppl just stopped keeping fish.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 02-15-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep! - WhistlingBadger   Thank you for your friendship - Silbar   Happy Easter - Silbar   Happy Father's Day! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    I don't use FB either, and never will, but I agree that the AC FB has taken traffic from the main site.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a frontosa, to start your collection - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    what's FB?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry Facebook
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

4 Not allowed!
    I don't think FB has taken any traffic that has existed on AC. It could be preventing new traffic from going to the AC, or maybe not. Many of those folks in FB do not care about sorting conversation based on topic, just what is on top. I've seen specialty sites that cater to a narrow group of fish that have both FB and forums that just lose membership or foot traffic in general on both sites. If you get rid of the FB of AC, I doubt you will see any of folks move over. They will just find another FB site to access.
    Last edited by Rocksor; 02-15-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep! - WhistlingBadger   Thank you for your friendship - Silbar   Happy Easter - Silbar   Happy Father's Day! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Rock.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

5 Not allowed!
    I just came back from a year hiatus....and it was nothing against AC in the least; life simply just happens. I know that I miss some of the old members I havent seen around yet(mommy, Kingfisher, LabRat, aeonflame, Cliff, etc). A chat feature I think would be nice....I would probably use that on times where I have down time as locally I don't know that many fish dorks...and my wife gets tired of hearing about it AND living with 10 tanks. Maybe do some advertising...partner up with some of the YouTube figures and get them to plug the forum. Overall the forum isnt dead...but it isnt nearly as lively as it once was. It may even be a good idea to contact members over a specific post count who have not been active for a duration of time just to check in and see how they are doing and invite them to visit the forum again.
    3x75 gallons|2x55 gallons|3x50 gallons|1x47 gallon|2x40 gallons