· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You deserve a gift ! :) - MeganL3985   For doing research!  BTW...college ;) - Rue   Put him with Bruce.... - jbeining75   Its good to have company - smaug   Thought this might help while your're sick. Hope you feel better soon. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Ellen4God   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ellen4God   

Default Rubber lip pleco question

0 Not allowed!
    As I was at Petsmart tonight, I was looking at the plecos with my nephew. I saw that they had some rubber lip plecos, but their little label thing says they get to 12"...I thought rubber lips stayed on the smaller side...?

(fyi - I didn't buy one, nor am I planning on buying one anytime soon. I was just curious)
    Last edited by Ellen4God; 04-06-2008 at 12:36 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    they only get 4", and rarely above 6".

dont trust petsmarts labels. lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the nomination - Cliff   Merry X-mass, and thanks for all of your help this past year, both here and at the store - Cliff   No Message - cer   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   thanks for the betta :D - Cyberra   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sailor   Autism - sailor   

0 Not allowed!
    It was labelled wrong as usual, Cocoa is correct.
    Sailor

Aye Aye

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    lol, last time i was at petsmart puffers were magically community fish, and so were jack dempseys

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You deserve a gift ! :) - MeganL3985   For doing research!  BTW...college ;) - Rue   Put him with Bruce.... - jbeining75   Its good to have company - smaug   Thought this might help while your're sick. Hope you feel better soon. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Ellen4God   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ellen4God   

0 Not allowed!
    lol Okay - that's what I thought!! I think rubber lip plecos are some of the cutest plecos out there. Wouldn't mind getting one when I get a larger tank down the road.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the nomination - Cliff   Merry X-mass, and thanks for all of your help this past year, both here and at the store - Cliff   No Message - cer   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   thanks for the betta :D - Cyberra   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sailor   Autism - sailor   

0 Not allowed!
    They do an awsome job on the algea, I have them in all my tanks
    Sailor

Aye Aye

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I've been reading up on them some tonight after seeing them today. I've seen some people say that they're great with algae, others say that they're terrible. I reckon it depends on the one you get - ?

I wish I had a larger tank right now so that I could get one. They really are so cute! Hopefully I'll be getting a 20g this summer, so I'll be able to get one at that time.

Here I go again - planning for a tank I don't even have yet....ooooh boy...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    yep, thats a common misconception with plecos, not all eat algae, most eat pellets, flakes, and frozen food like other fish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well, with rubber lip plecos - I've read that they don't eat algae on some sites, but that they do on other sites. Does it depend on the specific pleco, or the particular type of pleco? Make sense?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    usually its the specific pleco, say george the bristlenose pleco doesnt like algae, but betty the bristlenose pleco loves algae.

ive had luck with clown plecos eating algae, they stay pretty small too