· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Funny thing with my Neons

0 Not allowed!
    I've had my neons for a few weeks now, I feed them Hikari micro pellets which float at the top for awhile and than eventually sink after 20-30 secs. They go crazy for the food when they see it. I have 13 Neons in my tank and it's fun to watch them eat. Earlier this week some of them started eating from the top, before the pellets start to sink. Now today all of them were doing it, they caught on. Now if only my German Blue Ram would do the same. I'm still having trouble feeding him Cichlid Gold floating pellets, I even tried sinking ones of a different brand. It's like he's scared to eat from the top.
    30g Long Planted South American BioTope Blue Rams & Apisto + Community
    Formerly Carlos_x3, RamGuy13

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    It takes awhile for them to learn where the food comes from. I never had any luck getting Rams to feed at the surface,they seem to be more bottom oriented
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

0 Not allowed!
    I nearly got some neons today but what I hate is going to the store and seeing 3 in the tank. I don't want 3. If I can't nab a dozen when there, I don't want any. Just a waste of time waiting to catch 3. LOL I used to give mine the smashed up flakes too small for the other fish. I don't know how well they do with pellets due to their size.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    For a very short period of time I had the same problem with my neons outcompeting a couple of dwarf gouramis at the surface. However, the dwarf gouramis quickly started being the first to the surface to feed.

I hope your GBRs get hungry enough to go after the food.

Awards Showcase

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco You make me laugh! - Drumachine09 And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco 
    There. Thats better. - Drumachine09 maybe one day we can enjoy one of these - sergo Congrats you recived a RAK gift enjoy! - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark 
    Cheers! - Nick_Pavlovski Since Wendy's is only open 4 hours! - aliz340 For Your Help And Friendship - MeganL3985 Hope you a good time in Germany - alizee340 Good to have you back around the forum! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    Thanks....you could use some Luck with your fish too! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for helping whne it's needed! - **AquaQueen** Back at you, CP! - Dave66 You send me fruit I send you pizza!! LOL!! - 2manyfish a fish for the new 5.5g salt! lol - cocoa_pleco 
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - cocoa_pleco Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cocoa_pleco Childhood Cancer - cocoa_pleco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cocoa_pleco 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    I nearly got some neons today but what I hate is going to the store and seeing 3 in the tank. I don't want 3. If I can't nab a dozen when there, I don't want any. Just a waste of time waiting to catch 3. LOL I used to give mine the smashed up flakes too small for the other fish. I don't know how well they do with pellets due to their size.
    i saw 24 for sale at petsmart the other day, almost bought all of them!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My neons try to eat the sinking pellets I try to feed my GBR but they're too big for there mouths so they can barely hold on to them before dropping the pellet or another neon comes and steals it from its mouth lol. My GBR tries to eat the sinking wafers or pellets I feed my Corys, he'll get aggressive towards them during feeding time. It seems like the only time my GBR eats is when I feed snacks such as live bloodworm and shrimp or tubifex worm cubes. He will not eat his staple pellets whether they sink or float, it's frustrating. I won't feed snacks anymore till he starts eating his pellets.
    30g Long Planted South American BioTope Blue Rams & Apisto + Community
    Formerly Carlos_x3, RamGuy13

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_x3
    I won't feed snacks anymore till he starts eating his pellets.
    LOL Reminds me of "no dessert unless you finish your dinner".