· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb I need some tetra idea's

0 Not allowed!
    My 55 planted is my tetra tank. 18 black skirts and several gold tetra's and black neons. Also some red-tail rabora's but only 4 so that number will increase to probably a dozen.

I'm thinking of adding a tetra that is more colorful to the mix. I first thought of a couple dozen neon's but will save them for my 20 gallon instead. Thought of another kind of fish but don't like livebearers at all or gourami's. That puts me right back with a tetra. My tank is not very colorful with the blacks and grey's all over the place. Would like a tetra that has a bit more color and one that will mix OK with the black skirts.

What ya think?

0 Not allowed!
    i would recommend congo tetras......there very colourful and lively
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cardinal Tetras are my Favorite.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcakes
    i would recommend congo tetras......there very colourful and lively
    Aren't congo a larger tetra? Seems I read they are about 4 inches? (Not sure)

Cardinals are a good idea, too. My shrimp tank is planted and I thought of adding either neons or cardinals to that figuring they would not hurt the shrimp.

Thanks for ideas

Awards Showcase

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs Have a beer on me - sailor Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75 happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb 
    Thanks for the congrats...decided to share my wealth LOL - Fishalicious For helping AC with profiles! - William Welcome Back xxx - Fishalicious Good to see you back on. Gotta give one for a local. - oldhead Have  beer on me! Its the weekend. - northernguy 
    Same to you! - NickFish Happy thanksgiving! Enjoy your algae stay away from turkey! : ) - The Red Severum For being so welcoming to a newbie. - Brookfish A Little Extra Luck For You! - Northernguy This one moves! LOL - Wild Turkey 
    For being a great contributor to the community - ILuvMyGoldBarb for driving participation in the forum - Gemini for breaking your winning streak - mrs fishpatrick here tuck in LOL - mrs fishpatrick FOR TEACHING ME SO MUCH - waterhog 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Wild Turkey 

0 Not allowed!
    Love cardinals, also love the red/white contrast of bleeding heart tetras, as well as red eye tetras. Red eyes are a little bigger than usual tetras though, up to 2.5 in i think so not a huge diff, and they are very active and glimmer alot more than most tetras when swimming

0 Not allowed!
    congos are a larger tetra but get on well in a group of 3-4
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

0 Not allowed!
    Red phantom tetras? or lemon tetras (although not much color)

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Lady Hobbs I would like to help if I may and hope i do help

Rummy-nose tetras only get 2 inches(5 cm) and aere very yellow and have red splattered on their face
    and cardinal tetras are similiar to neos but has much more of a red band on their belly compared to the orange back belly on the neons
    Alex

Don Juan Matus My true hero and many more

My Photos

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe a even group of zebra danios since the get only 1 3/4 of an inch. you can also get the long finned version that are very nice... just suggestions good luck with your hunt!
    Alex

Don Juan Matus My true hero and many more

My Photos

0 Not allowed!
    if you can get hold of kyathit danios they are awesome

heres a pic ( not mine ) http://www.danios.info/ImageUpload/kyathit1.jpg

50G Tank - Kyathit Danios, Zebra Danio, Swordtails, Silver Hatchetfish, Platy, Gold Barbs, Cherry Barbs, Bolivian Rams, Apisto, Zebra Loaches.
    20G 'Nano Fish' Tank - Pygmy Rasboras, Lampeyes, Sparkling Gouramis, CPD, Bronze Corydoras, Cherry Shrimp
    Wanted: More CPD's and Loaches.
    Keep updated with my fish world in my Blog! And my tanks Blog!