· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Clown Rescue!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer   Thanks for the gift. - William   

Smile Clown Rescue!!!

0 Not allowed!
    I was in my lfs a week ago and there was 2 teensy weensy Clown Loach babies all by themselves. They were only about 3/4" long, if that...the cutest little guys I've ever seen Well, a lady in there said she'd take the pretty one, so that left the other one all by himself in a totally barren tank, no plants, no places to hide whatsoever!! Well...anybody who knows anything about them, knows how much they love to hide and be in a family group! There he was tucked in the corner of the tank all by himself. It just broke my heart, so even though I swore I wouldn't get anymore fish until I upgraded to a 55g or more....I bought him!!! You should see him with my 3, they look like GIANTS next to him...lol...I was terrified one of my much larger Pictus cats would eat him but the big Galoots are afraid of him...go figure...It's hilarious to watch them dashing about to get away from him...lol..
    He's doing fine, as far as I can tell, so far. I will keep everyone updated, ok!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    i would have done the same i love clown loaches,my biggest now is 3-4 inches,i was just aswell you were about!!!
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you looked a little bare - Algenco   

0 Not allowed!
    I saw to at the LFS...they look similar to cory cats right? I would really love them and were told they wouldn't get big very fast but I don't want to have to worry about a 100 gallon tank in my near future :) I think they are beautiful tho! Way to rescue that widdle one!
    Hugs
    Jenn
    30 Gallon
    4 White Clouds "the fab 4"
    1 Powder Blue Gourami "ohgo"
    1 Chinese hillstream Loach "sucky"
    1 kuhli loach
    4 neon tetra
    2 glow light tetra?
    1 golden white cloud
    Java Moss
    Java Fern
    Anubias Nana
    Gravel Substrate
    Fake filler plants

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    I don't feel my loaches are growing at all until I see babies at the store, either. Then you realize they have grown but ever so slowly. I've wondered sincerely here when someone reported theirs were 8 inches at a year. ppfffttt I don't believe that one for a second. Mine get and eat everything and are darned lucky to be 3 inches at over a year.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    I don't feel my loaches are growing at all until I see babies at the store, either. Then you realize they have grown but ever so slowly. I've wondered sincerely here when someone reported theirs were 8 inches at a year. ppfffttt I don't believe that one for a second. Mine get and eat everything and are darned lucky to be 3 inches at over a year.
    yeah right 8 inches a year who told you that poop(sorry) ive had mine for two years and the biggest is 3-4 inches,were did they get there information from the back of a milk carton??
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Are these fish bottom feeders?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the nomination - Cliff   Merry X-mass, and thanks for all of your help this past year, both here and at the store - Cliff   No Message - cer   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   thanks for the betta :D - Cyberra   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sailor   Autism - sailor   

0 Not allowed!
    I wish I saved the pics, I picked up 5 tiny little clown loaches about a year ago. The biggest was maybe 3/4 of an inch and the smallest about 1/2 inch. I kept them in a home made breeders net on the side of my tank for about 3 months. Then moved them into their own tank. They thrived and did great, the biggest now is about 3 inches and the smallest about 2. I have since added another 6 and just love them. I keep the origional 5 in my frontosa tank and the other ones in my tropheus tank. Yes they are mostly bottom feeders but will come to the surface with the rest when it is treat time.
    Sailor

Aye Aye

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just a regular gift! - Rue   Wheres all your gifts JB?!  Heres another one! - MeganL3985   for a buddy - smaug   Welcome back - sailor   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jbeining75   

0 Not allowed!
    I want some clown loaches they just would get picked on in my two 55 gallons... They'd be food in my Oscartank. My GT/Texas Cichlid tank is still small though. Only problem cichlids will grow faster than the loaches.... Congrats on the solo rescue....
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It amazes me but my Firemouths don't bother with the clowns at all nor the corys. Surpised me that having corys and clowns together would work, too! But let my drop in my featherfins and it's a war zone! The Firemouths do not like those Featherfins at all nor do my Blood parrots.

My clowns eat bananas, watermelon, algae pellets, green beans, broccoli, romane lettuce, squash, cukes, oranges, etc, but won't eat a pea for the life of them. Or califlower. This does not include the flakes, blood worms, etc.

They eat very, very well but no way do I expect them to ever get as large as so stated they get .........a foot. If so, I expect it would take years and years and maybe to the 20 years they are said to live. By that time, I will be no more and someone else will have them so I don't concern myself with it.

They do have growth spurts but unless they have a humgunous tank or are in wild, I just don't see that kind of growth.