· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Smile I went to buy some neons ...

0 Not allowed!
    ... and came home with three little glowlights. The neons were still in quarantine and not for sale yet. I saw the tank full of beautiful glowlights a couple of weeks ago when I went to get my bristlenose, but thought they'd all been sold by now. Lo and behold, though, there were three left, swimming a little forlornly in a tank full of small rasboras.

They still look a little lost in my tank, but they're checking out all the hidey holes and occasionally surf in the filter current. Now I just hope they'll survive the next 72 hours.

The LFS will call me when they get a new shipment, so I can slowly build a small school of them.

Me's all excited.

cc,
    Anja

Awards Showcase

Have a drink on me - Dave66 From a fellow BC boy - sailor For making a great game - Futureboy thanks for the rep. - robnepper Congrats on your Gold Award :) - SkinnyChicken 
    To make up for not voting you in...lol :) - MeganL3985 Have a great trip! - MeganL3985 Happy B'day - donvichu sounds like you need a beer Doug - sailor Nice job on new tank - Lady Hobbs 
    tribbles - Commodore 64 One more for the school! - Wild Turkey Seasons Greetings, have anice Christmas. - Brookfish Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey 
    Merry Christmas - Northernguy Congrats TOTM - Northernguy Happy Birthday Mate - fraggle Thanks, good to see you back! - Brookfish 
    Autism - doug z Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - doug z 

0 Not allowed!
    Good on ya, Anja..

Let us know when you get their new tank mates in there, and how and if the behavior of the first 3 change..

ie. will they stop doing their own thing and school together?
    75g - 20 cardinals : 7 panda cory : 5 Julii cory : 9 zebra danios : 1 CAE : 2 SAE : 2 yo-yos : 1 BN
    25g: 5 long-finned zebra danios

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doug z
    ie. will they stop doing their own thing and school together?
    I hope they will, eventually. I'll post.

Awards Showcase

Have a drink on me - Dave66 From a fellow BC boy - sailor For making a great game - Futureboy thanks for the rep. - robnepper Congrats on your Gold Award :) - SkinnyChicken 
    To make up for not voting you in...lol :) - MeganL3985 Have a great trip! - MeganL3985 Happy B'day - donvichu sounds like you need a beer Doug - sailor Nice job on new tank - Lady Hobbs 
    tribbles - Commodore 64 One more for the school! - Wild Turkey Seasons Greetings, have anice Christmas. - Brookfish Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey 
    Merry Christmas - Northernguy Congrats TOTM - Northernguy Happy Birthday Mate - fraggle Thanks, good to see you back! - Brookfish 
    Autism - doug z Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - doug z 

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, would be a very interesting experiment..

Hopefully they won't have long to wait.. :)

What are you feeding them?

What are the water conditions in the tank? (temp, ph, etc)

Is your tank planted?
    Last edited by doug z; 03-27-2008 at 08:56 PM.
    75g - 20 cardinals : 7 panda cory : 5 Julii cory : 9 zebra danios : 1 CAE : 2 SAE : 2 yo-yos : 1 BN
    25g: 5 long-finned zebra danios

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Until my angelfish decided I shouldnt,I had neons and glolights together in a school.I dont have neons anymore!My glolights are imune from my angels belly because they grew up together.Glo lights are not as flashy as neons but they are certainly hardier.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doug z
    Yes, would be a very interesting experiment..
    Hopefully they won't have long to wait.. :)
    What are you feeding them?
    What are the water conditions in the tank? (temp, ph, etc)
    Is your tank planted?
    Well, I only got them today, so won't be feeding them until tomorrow. There's some flake food for tropicals that came with the tank, and I bought them micro pellets. I'll try both, but if they eat the pellets, I think I'll throw the flake food out. And in a couple of days I'd like to try some frozen brine shrimp or daphnia. I'll have to see what I can get. The BN gets spirulina tablets, but so far the glowlights haven't touched his dinner.

Temp is 25C, pH is now 7.2. It was a little higher when I first started to set up the tank, but I haven't had that again. Hopefully just a fluke with the tapwater.
    It's quite soft, but not worrysomely so. Yes, the tank is well planted, though some of them have yet to grow a bit, especially the Vals in the back. I made a sig for the content of the tank that should pop up with this post, and If I can get a decent picture, I'll upload one.

How are you coming along with your decoration decisions?

cc,
    Anja

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by smaug
    Until my angelfish decided I shouldnt,I had neons and glolights together in a school.I dont have neons anymore!My glolights are imune from my angels belly because they grew up together.Glo lights are not as flashy as neons but they are certainly hardier.
    I love the way they look out of a shadowy corner when they catch the light just right.

Thankfully they and the BN seem to be mutually ignoring each other. The BN is quite visible tonight though, came out way early and happily scamperes all over his favorite spots with the lights still on. As if the company gave him a confidence boost.

I see you have diamond tetras. Those are lovely. I was very tempted, but because of the limited space thought I'd go with the smaller ones to be able to get a bigger school.

cc,
    Anja

0 Not allowed!
    I love glos there so intresting and fun to watch
    My Current Aquariums

20 gallon, Two blue gouramis, One Danios, Two albino coreys and five red guarres.
    75 gallon mbuna tank, Four yellow labs, Four rusty cichlids, One red zebras, pair of Eureka peacocks
    10 gallon planted- Six Caridnal tetras,
    another 10 gallon, and newts

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Feed the BN some blanched veggies. Algae wafers aren't a good staple diet, too high in protein. Romaine lettuce is good, cucumber or zucchini, or a small slice of sweet potato. Sugar snap peas or green beans are also appreciated.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by toddnbecka
    Feed the BN some blanched veggies. Algae wafers aren't a good staple diet, too high in protein. Romaine lettuce is good, cucumber or zucchini, or a small slice of sweet potato. Sugar snap peas or green beans are also appreciated.
    I'll try some of that. It's not like he's super interested in the spirulinas, anyway. He eats about half of one over three days, much more happily munching on the bogwood and keeping the tank sparkling free of algae.

Thankee,
    Anja