· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turtle

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    wow thats pretty cool... lol just though, get them in a big tank, and when there big put them in a small tank... although that would be pretty cruel... i wouldnt do it.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How long can these red snapping turltles live? I hear some say 10 years and other say 60 years. I guess it depends on the type of turtle and care. And don't red snapping turtles eat goldfsih?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by soul
    wow thats pretty cool... lol just though, get them in a big tank, and when there big put them in a small tank... although that would be pretty cruel... i wouldnt do it.
    Ok Ok I see what you mean lol. No my point was if you want to keep them a certain size dont upgrade you tank to a bigger size. The turtles adapt to their surroundings. And no if you put a big turtle in a small tank it wont make it small lol. It's generally just controlling the size of your turtles growth thats all. Your funny thanks for pointing my mistake out though.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by killaklown
    I have always wanted a turtle, but I really dont think they would get along with my other fish, most of them are big but there are a few small ones and I dont want to get them killed.
    I know some fish stores have a separate tank for the red snapper turtles. Although on ocassion you will see that the stores will put goldfish in the tank. Some will say that the golds are feeder fish for the turtles. The first turtle that I had ate the golds once in a blue moon. They did more damage to the other golds because of the claws. So if you were to put any fish in the tank with the red snapper I would suggest one to two golds and no more.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lpstong
    How long can these red snapping turltles live? I hear some say 10 years and other say 60 years. I guess it depends on the type of turtle and care. And don't red snapping turtles eat goldfsih?
    I have heard people say that the red snapper turtle can live past 50 years.
    I have a friend with two red snappers and has had them both for 12 years. They will also live long lifes depending on the care they recieve. People have a tendancy to take them out of their tanks to roam around for a few hours. Than they forgot about them and they died. They need water and can't live without it. So take great care of them and they will live a long life.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    man thats messed up about the turtles growing to there enviroment i have 6 turtles and i knew they wouldnt grow, but its weird.