· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Sun catfish ate gourami?

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone know if a six-inch sun/eclipse catfish could eat a 2 1/2 inch blue gourami? I can't find the gourami or even pieces of its body anywhere; I know he was not sick, all my water parameters are good and I can't remember the last time I had a fish die (and it's kind of wierd that it happened to be the smallest fish in the aq). The only thing I can think of is that the eclipse ate it. I know those catfish are known to eat everything small enough and have large mouths but still... And I do keep the catfish well fed.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    yep, my bet would be on he ate it

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift,gravel partner LOL - angelcakes   You need a beer :) - siymdapolio   hehe - Tolley   have a gift - mitcore   have a discus! - cocoa_pleco   
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - siymdapolio   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about that :( No good!
    Alex

Don Juan Matus My true hero and many more

My Photos

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    sorry to hear that,but i think its the sun catfish.....
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks everybody...wasn't sure if that catfish was big enough to eat a fish almost half its length, especially since he doesn't really have any teeth.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    it happens. my 8" red devil ate my 3" green terror, the green terror got wedged in his mouth and i almost took the RD for surgery but he swallowed it after 36 hours

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift,gravel partner LOL - angelcakes   You need a beer :) - siymdapolio   hehe - Tolley   have a gift - mitcore   have a discus! - cocoa_pleco   
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - siymdapolio   

0 Not allowed!
    Cocoa that is a true battle I have to say!
    Must have been an intense experience
    Alex

Don Juan Matus My true hero and many more

My Photos

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    yeah, dave66 told me what to do. i tried pliers in his mouth but that got nowhere and the real vet said noone in there knew fish so i just waited