· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

And time for YOUR gifts - Lady Hobbs   another - Lady Hobbs   lol - Lady Hobbs   No Message - Lady Hobbs   have a blue discus! - cocoa_pleco   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - tiggely   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - tiggely   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - tiggely   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sandy_n   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - sandy_n   

Question Have you heard of these...

0 Not allowed!
    Has anyone heard of Anubias barteri eyes? Found some on ebay and it's supposed to stay smaller than Anubias barteri. The other one I'm curious about is Christmas moss. And, since I know nothing about the plant aspect of all of this yet (except for my floating frogbit) when you're attaching a plant like anubias to wood with thread exactly how are you attaching? Do you tie just the roots to the wood or do you run some thread inbetween the leaves and attach it that way?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift,gravel partner LOL - angelcakes   You need a beer :) - siymdapolio   hehe - Tolley   have a gift - mitcore   have a discus! - cocoa_pleco   
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - siymdapolio   

0 Not allowed!
    I have succesfully attached a 5 stemed java fern to my bog wood and its look great with it sprouting out and looks like its going after some rock to grow on. anyways the way i do this is put the anubias on a piece of bogwood and wrap the thread around the whole thing and make sure you are wrapping around the roots as well and this provides the anubias as a training aid and it will attach in a couple of weeks. Trust me you can see when it is attached

Good luck you should give it a try its really fun!!!
    Alex

Don Juan Matus My true hero and many more

My Photos

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift,gravel partner LOL - angelcakes   You need a beer :) - siymdapolio   hehe - Tolley   have a gift - mitcore   have a discus! - cocoa_pleco   
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - siymdapolio   

0 Not allowed!
    I have heard of these plants but dont know much about it but i love anubias! makes the ground of the tank look great i think

I have seen christmas moss grow on the whole side of a tank and make a mosswall out of itself.
    Alex

Don Juan Matus My true hero and many more

My Photos

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

And time for YOUR gifts - Lady Hobbs   another - Lady Hobbs   lol - Lady Hobbs   No Message - Lady Hobbs   have a blue discus! - cocoa_pleco   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - tiggely   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - tiggely   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - tiggely   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sandy_n   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - sandy_n   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for explaining that siymdapolio. The anubias is going on a small piece of mopani I'm leeching now.