· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Four line catfish???

0 Not allowed!
    I have 2 four line catfish when I got them they were about the same size. One became dominate and is now lives in a nice open log. The other umder a cramper stump. The bigger dominate one is now about twice the size of the other. Am I doing somthing wrong? Is this normal or should I be worried? Thanks for your help.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    is this your catfish? try this link to see if its any good

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fres...epimodella.php
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yep, thats the one.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just because. lol - ncbuckeye   For being humble to ask :-) - fins_n_fur   For Fellow N.C Resident :) - MeganL3985   There ya go..  :) - doug z   ask and ye shall receive,Oh yeah!! - smaug   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ncbuckeye   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice, I have the same problem even though I have alot of hiding spot for mine, but one is huge, I never see him eat, but the smaller one who usually staying in sight eat everything it can get it's mouth on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    I have a five line catfish (almost the same) and he eats pellets right off the top of the water at almost every feeding. Earthworms are his favorite though. He's a good 8 inches and still growing at a good pace. I'd like to get another one, but he's somewhat of a bully.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    crispy, through my experince with them they normally are best kept in a couple,but territorial status does happen,are you using floater pellets or ones that drop straight to the bottom?
    have 2 four line catfish when I got them they were about the same size. One became dominate and is now lives in a nice open log. The other umder a cramper stump. The bigger dominate one is now about twice the size of the other. Am I doing somthing wrong? Is this normal or should I be worried? Thanks for your help.
    now we know what fish this is normal behaviour,you are doing nothing wrong,it maybe a case of you have male and female,or one is growing faster than the other,i have the same thing with my oscars charlies huge compared to bubba and they were the same size when i brought both,
    angelcakes (penny)
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcakes
    crispy, through my experince with them they normally are best kept in a couple,but territorial status does happen,are you using floater pellets or ones that drop straight to the bottom?

now we know what fish this is normal behaviour,you are doing nothing wrong,it maybe a case of you have male and female,or one is growing faster than the other,i have the same thing with my oscars charlies huge compared to bubba and they were the same size when i brought both,
    Lol I agree with angelcakes.Could very well be different sexes and size issues resulting in dominance issues.Just try ang get some food to fall in front of it.
    It could also be the food you are using.Try a quality sinking pellet.NLS or Hikari!

Charlie and Bubba are great names !
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here you go - KingFisher   here is one :) - The Red Severum   thank you - Lady Hobbs   BECAUSE YOUR COOL - waterhog   Merry Christmas - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    do you have hiding spots

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    I only have 1 five-lined catfish and he eats off the top at every feeding. He's at least 8 inches and has a ton of places to hide. I think you mixed me up with the guy (ropefishman) asking the question.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    I only have 1 five-lined catfish and he eats off the top at every feeding. He's at least 8 inches and has a ton of places to hide. I think you mixed me up with the guy (ropefishman) asking the question.
    crispy,
    I'd like to get another one, but he's somewhat of a bully.
    this is what you wrote and i meant they get better on in a couple, brought as a couple,so as youve got the one and you would like or thinking about getting another,but as your catfish is a bully then i would advise not thinking/getting another one as yours will bully that to,
    angelcakes (penny)
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link