· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Identification...?

0 Not allowed!
    Well I never ever thought this day would come but I am stumped...

The wholesalers received a new load of fish and called me in to look at these guys... they don't know what they are and they were mixed in between the Neons. I'm afraid I couldn't help them either

The picture is not the best... but the red on the end of the tail is bright neon red like in denisonii barbs...

Has anyone here come across this fish?

Many thanks for helping me hunt xxx
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

0 Not allowed!
    i think i may have seen these but can't put a name to them,but i think( i could be wrong) there some sort of neons?
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They look like a type rasboras not Harlequin rasboars with those black triangles on them but the shape of the body is very similiar in body type but cannot find the colors like the picture you provided.

I could be completely off but the body shape looks like a some rasboras
    Alex

Don Juan Matus My true hero and many more

My Photos

0 Not allowed!
    They do have similiarities with the Rasbora sp.cf.borapetensis & Rasbora kalbarensis but they are different these ones... they only have the one bright bright red stripe and underneath a black one
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    I believe they are Bryconops melanurus, taillight tetra
    Last edited by Algenco; 03-13-2008 at 07:35 PM.
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think algenco got it,I googled that and with the exception of the orange stripe it is a ringer.Jumping anchovy.

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    can't beat Dr. Axlerods "Atlas of freshwater fishes"
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah that it was i thought they looked similiar but had no idea.

Glad you got it angeleco I want your book! i only have an ok one by dick mills ... ets an eye witness handbook
    Alex

Don Juan Matus My true hero and many more

My Photos

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Algenco
    can't beat Dr. Axlerods "Atlas of freshwater fishes"
    Thats the book I looked through,I saw that one as well,but without the orange stripe I didnt feel comfortable posting it.I do think you are correct though.