· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Weird behavior from new black tetra

0 Not allowed!
    I got two new black tetras Tuesday.Just now I've noticed one of them doing something odd that I've never seen any of my tetras do. It had its mouth close to the surface with its body at a downard angle. Similar to how a guppies sometime sleep at night with their mouth at the surface. Anything to be concerned about? Or should I just keep a lookout for it? Thanks.

Edit: Now it is hiding in the back left corner, where it is dark and towards the top.
    Last edited by travie; 03-12-2008 at 10:50 PM.
    Stock the tank you have, not the tank you plan to have. Always have and use patience.
    - 29g FW - Community
    - 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts
    For those of you who want a SW tank and never have had one before or just starting out, read this blog entry from my blog on AC, it will give you a place to start.

0 Not allowed!
    is he possibly stressed and needs to settle in? other than that i don't know sorry,:(
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

0 Not allowed!
    He was doing fine Tuesday and most of today until I noticed about 5ish.
    Stock the tank you have, not the tank you plan to have. Always have and use patience.
    - 29g FW - Community
    - 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts
    For those of you who want a SW tank and never have had one before or just starting out, read this blog entry from my blog on AC, it will give you a place to start.

0 Not allowed!
    is all your water ok?
    angelcakes (penny)
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link

0 Not allowed!
    I'll test it here in a minute, but all the other fish are doing fine even the other black neon that I got Tuesday.
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    I'm getting zeros for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    thats good,keep an eye on your fish is all i can suggest at the moment until somebody can tell you otherwise,
    angelcakes (penny)
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link

0 Not allowed!
    Also is little mouth is closing and opening faster then the other black tetra.
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    Well the black tetra died during the night. I'm not surprised. I guess later I will go back to the store and get another one or two. Once my overflow arrives today, I will head up, because I will probably need tubing.
    - 29g FW - Community

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'd say it probably had some gill disease and was trying to get more oxygen but that is a guess. Sorry about your loss
    Im a registered vet so feel free to ask me questions on dogs and cats