· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clueless

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Platies make good warm pond options.

Wild type bodied goldfish are faster and can easily out-compete round-bodied goldfish.
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

0 Not allowed!
    See, that's my dilemna. Florida is warm, but during the winter months, we do get a few days where we get frost. Mind you its not a deep frost, but that would drive the temp down on the pond.

I need to know what fish could withstand those temps. I am thinking either koi, or shubukins, as they are nicely colored, and don't get up to 3 feet in length.
    75 gallon planted tank with discus, GBR's and cardinals

135 gallon saltwater FOWLR work in progress and desperately need help

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Hay my dad has a pond and hes got ghost carp gold fish coy carp and shubunking that are fine in all temp' and we live in england! As long as you buy your fish small Size dont matter my dads fish never out grown the pond

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    size doesn't matter?

why don't we all put a common pleco in a fishbowl then

Thumbs down

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi
    size doesn't matter?

why don't we all put a common pleco in a fishbowl then
    Hmm im just giving my point of view that my dads fish have never out grown the pond he has in 15 years of having it. If you dont have a good idea the to help then keep your gob shut!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billythefish
    Hay my dad has a pond and hes got ghost carp gold fish coy carp and shubunking that are fine in all temp' and we live in england! As long as you buy your fish small Size dont matter my dads fish never out grown the pond
    same as, we have 6 koi and a shubumbkin,they survive the winter here!!
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Just because they are stunted does't mean it's a good idea to repeat.

Koi will outgrow it since they can hit 24-36".

Stick with varieties of goldfish. You can do either round-bodied (fantails, moors, etc.) or long-bodied (shubunkins, sarassas, comets, etc.).

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just my (canadian) two cents but:
    Why don't you see what kind of fish are living naturally in the stream and pond in Florida, and see if you can find some in a LFS?
    sometimes there's really gorgeous fish, that we just don't know...
    Sasquatch has a book on all the fish living in north america, perhaps you can ask him for some clue?

i know it doesn't help very much, but I don't know a lot about "natural" fish (I don't know the real term in english, sorry).
    21 gal: 4 Ornate, 7 Pencilfish, 1 Oto, 7 Amano, 1 Peckoltia-10 gal: 4 Betta rutilans, 6 Galaxy, 1 Cherry, 1 Hillstream -5 gal: 2 Endlers, snail, tiger shrimp-15 gal: 2 Peckoltia, 6 threadfin R.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    In most places LFSs are not allowed to sell native species, otherwise people would go out and take them all out of nature and sell them to the LFS.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Owwwww.... Ok, make sense...
    Sorry, that was the only idea I have....

Isn't there some minnow that grow large and can support cold and warm?
    21 gal: 4 Ornate, 7 Pencilfish, 1 Oto, 7 Amano, 1 Peckoltia-10 gal: 4 Betta rutilans, 6 Galaxy, 1 Cherry, 1 Hillstream -5 gal: 2 Endlers, snail, tiger shrimp-15 gal: 2 Peckoltia, 6 threadfin R.