· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stu the turtle

0 Not allowed!
    RES are illegal to sell here in florida, as they are invasive. I have seen them at pet stores, just not for sale. I like them, just as I like all turtles, well, except one...the alligator snapper is not one I would enjoy....that thing gets huge, and can be dangerous as well....
    75 gallon planted tank with discus, GBR's and cardinals

135 gallon saltwater FOWLR work in progress and desperately need help

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander
    RES are illegal to sell here in florida, as they are invasive. I have seen them at pet stores, just not for sale. I like them, just as I like all turtles, well, except one...the alligator snapper is not one I would enjoy....that thing gets huge, and can be dangerous as well....
    if you want to be technical they are illegal in every state, when you buy them you need to sign a waver stating that this is not a pet and you are buying it for "bona-fide educational purposes" unless you get them from hobby breeders. when you get them in pet stores they need to be at least 4" SCL (top shell). I got Stu from a breeder friend of mine so then you can get babies I got Stu when he was the size of a nickel.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
    -- Albert Einstein

The best SouthPark Clips ever
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoficmIg2FQ&NR=1

Awards Showcase

You deserve a gift ! :) - MeganL3985 For doing research!  BTW...college ;) - Rue Put him with Bruce.... - jbeining75 Its good to have company - smaug Thought this might help while your're sick. Hope you feel better soon. - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    For the cards - William An Apple For Teaching Grad!  Congrats! - MeganL3985 You deserve to let yourself go for all the hard work you did to graduate!!! - Bolivian Ram Here's an apple for the teacher, great job Ellen - sailor A koi, because they love being in a school!! - smaug 
    Congrats on the job - sailor congrats on the job ! - Algenco For getting your teaching job - snipers_den Welcome back! - fins_n_fur merry xmas - smaug 
    For the new tank - Northernguy Way to go! DIY Stand. - Northernguy My condolances to you and your family. - Mith Good Luck, thanks for the rep! - Wild Turkey I thought you might like a Frontosa. - Brookfish 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Ellen4God Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Very cute little guy! I have two RES for several years when I was younger - Zack and Skeeter. They were great!!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Haha that turtle is cool lol... I like him...
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Woooooo...That explain why my turtle die when I was young...
    Now, I know what to do for the next one!
    yes, RES are illegal in France too now... A lot of people release them in the "wild"... And now you have children bitten by big RES in lake, and lots of fish disappearing...
    Still they're cute...
    Do you know of little turtle (smaller than RES) than you can keep easely at home?
    21 gal: 4 Ornate, 7 Pencilfish, 1 Oto, 7 Amano, 1 Peckoltia-10 gal: 4 Betta rutilans, 6 Galaxy, 1 Cherry, 1 Hillstream -5 gal: 2 Endlers, snail, tiger shrimp-15 gal: 2 Peckoltia, 6 threadfin R.

Awards Showcase

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco You make me laugh! - Drumachine09 And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco 
    There. Thats better. - Drumachine09 maybe one day we can enjoy one of these - sergo Congrats you recived a RAK gift enjoy! - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark 
    Cheers! - Nick_Pavlovski Since Wendy's is only open 4 hours! - aliz340 For Your Help And Friendship - MeganL3985 Hope you a good time in Germany - alizee340 Good to have you back around the forum! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    Thanks....you could use some Luck with your fish too! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for helping whne it's needed! - **AquaQueen** Back at you, CP! - Dave66 You send me fruit I send you pizza!! LOL!! - 2manyfish a fish for the new 5.5g salt! lol - cocoa_pleco 
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - cocoa_pleco Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cocoa_pleco Childhood Cancer - cocoa_pleco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cocoa_pleco 

0 Not allowed!
    theyre illegal here in alberta, government thinks kids will get salmonella from them. funny thing is that people sell turtles on ads in the city, people smuggle them in from other provinces, and ive even seen some smaller pet stores illegally sell them

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoa_pleco
    theyre illegal here in alberta, government thinks kids will get salmonella from them. funny thing is that people sell turtles on ads in the city, people smuggle them in from other provinces, and ive even seen some smaller pet stores illegally sell them
    yah opera did a special back in the early 80's about a kid who put his pet baby turtle in his mouth, got salmonella and died. then the gov. stepped in and said if the turt was bigger than 4" SCL then a kid cant put it in his mouth, so therefor you could get them at pet stores if you signed a waver. thats why all the ones you see for sale are 4-5" or so.

i dont know about Alberta but there in the states if you are a hobby breeder than you can still sell them legally at any size.

Gotta love Opera
    -- Albert Einstein

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonGoby
    Do you know of little turtle (smaller than RES) than you can keep easely at home?
    Eastern Painted M 4-6", F 6-8"

Southeren Painted M 3.5-5", F 5.5-7"

most map turtles will be in the 3-8" range

if you can find one the spotted turtle will max out at about 5" or so

if these are to big there are a bunch of small tortoises that only bet about 4" or so. just depends what you want

check out kingsnake.com in the turtle classifieds heres the link
    turtles
    http://market.kingsnake.com/index.php?cat=39
    tortises
    http://market.kingsnake.com/index.php?cat=50
    -- Albert Einstein

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks a lot!!!
    21 gal: 4 Ornate, 7 Pencilfish, 1 Oto, 7 Amano, 1 Peckoltia-10 gal: 4 Betta rutilans, 6 Galaxy, 1 Cherry, 1 Hillstream -5 gal: 2 Endlers, snail, tiger shrimp-15 gal: 2 Peckoltia, 6 threadfin R.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    heres a photo of his tank and a better pic of him

his tank

heres a better pic of him
    you can see all of his colors
    -- Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12