· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default java moss on fake rock?

0 Not allowed!
    i bought some java moss yesterday. i put half on some driftwood and the other i want to put on some fake rocks. they are concrete fire place rocks, the fake field stone that masons put on chimneys, but before i do i want to make sure that it will root in.

thanks
    Dustin
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
    -- Albert Einstein

The best SouthPark Clips ever
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoficmIg2FQ&NR=1

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    Sure will, Java moss will attach to anything even glass. Actually they should be better than most real stone due to the rough surface. Spread a thin layer of moss and wrap with sewing thread
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thats what i did. how long will it take to become stable and start spreading across the rock?
    -- Albert Einstein

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    should look good in a month
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    cool thanks a bunch
    -- Albert Einstein

Awards Showcase

You deserve a gift ! :) - MeganL3985 For doing research!  BTW...college ;) - Rue Put him with Bruce.... - jbeining75 Its good to have company - smaug Thought this might help while your're sick. Hope you feel better soon. - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    For the cards - William An Apple For Teaching Grad!  Congrats! - MeganL3985 You deserve to let yourself go for all the hard work you did to graduate!!! - Bolivian Ram Here's an apple for the teacher, great job Ellen - sailor A koi, because they love being in a school!! - smaug 
    Congrats on the job - sailor congrats on the job ! - Algenco For getting your teaching job - snipers_den Welcome back! - fins_n_fur merry xmas - smaug 
    For the new tank - Northernguy Way to go! DIY Stand. - Northernguy My condolances to you and your family. - Mith Good Luck, thanks for the rep! - Wild Turkey I thought you might like a Frontosa. - Brookfish 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Ellen4God Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Yep. Mine took hold of the fake rock cave I have in my community tank in about a month. It looks like a mass of crazy hair now!! But....I like that look apparently. :)

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    One bit of advice, don't let it get over 4" of growth, it will shade the bottom and die losing the grip on your rock. Pull some off or take it out and trim with scissors

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok thanks guys
    -- Albert Einstein

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I occasionally give my a hair cut by trimming it up. Seems to work great and doesn't mess w/ the look of it really either. I try to keep it about 3" high.

Also, about your rock/ stone, did you do the vinegar test on it to make sure its not limestone? limestone rocks can mess w/ your water chems and can mess up the PH in the tank. Just FYI.
    Tank1) 10G-Partially plant, Comm Tank. Topfin 10G Biobag Filter, small airstone. Some plastic plants for now. Lots of Java Moss on bridge like lavarock, 1 mini Sword in pot, floating clump of Riccia, water sprite, both floating and planted. 2-14W CFL's "Daylight". 3 WPG.
    6 Danios (4 zebra,2 Leopard)
    3 Albino Cory Cats
    3 Otos

Tank2) 2.5 G Betta Tank. Tiny Tetra Whisper filter w/ airpump. Java Moss,floating water sprite, Riccia Fluitans. Male Crowntail Betta. 1 Small gold mystery snail

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Same w/ this thread.... isn't this thread in the wrong sub forum? If I'm not mistaken, Java Moss is not a rhizome plant. Its a moss. Am I wrong?
    Tank1) 10G-Partially plant, Comm Tank. Topfin 10G Biobag Filter, small airstone. Some plastic plants for now. Lots of Java Moss on bridge like lavarock, 1 mini Sword in pot, floating clump of Riccia, water sprite, both floating and planted. 2-14W CFL's "Daylight". 3 WPG.
    6 Danios (4 zebra,2 Leopard)
    3 Albino Cory Cats
    3 Otos

Tank2) 2.5 G Betta Tank. Tiny Tetra Whisper filter w/ airpump. Java Moss,floating water sprite, Riccia Fluitans. Male Crowntail Betta. 1 Small gold mystery snail