· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First dwellers!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You're hella cool! - Rocky06fx4   Thank you for your donation! - Tigerbarb   to my new drinking pal ;) - arkie   hope you dont mind...for cara get well soon - angelcakes   My heart goes to Cara - Get well Soon! - Tolley   
    Autism - ZCciVic22   

Default First dwellers!

0 Not allowed!
    I'm happy to announce that my nano cube has it's first inhabitants! I went out Monday and got 3 Margarita Snails, 3 hermit crabs, an Emerald Green crab, and another awesome crab. I can't remember the name of it right now. It's a yellowish color, and it has a bright green line that goes across it's face and down the side of the body. They are super cool.

As soon as I stuck them in there, they started right on the LR.

Which brings me to another question. The LR when I bought it had a bunch of white worm looking things on them. I figured that's exactly what they were, but just dead. I'm noticing that they are starting to "sprout". They look like the large Featherdusters (I think that's what their called) that our lfs has in their 600gal reef tank, but not so colorful. Anyone have any idea what they are? It seems as if they are pretty common, as there are several on the rock. I was hoping for some other cool hitch hikers like I've been reading about in the threads, but so far, nothing else has shown up. Still pretty awesome though!
    The former ZCciVic22!

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car; Oversteer is when you hit with the rear. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just a regular gift! - Rue   Wheres all your gifts JB?!  Heres another one! - MeganL3985   for a buddy - smaug   Welcome back - sailor   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jbeining75   

0 Not allowed!
    Civic try to take a pic and post it up. I'm sure someone will know what it is. Congrats on your nano setup......
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    ZC I am in the same boat as you just getting started with some clean up crews ready to put some fish in soon have you decided on what fish you will put in your tank when you are ready ? Find out the name of that crab you really like I am in need for a few more. Thanks Pez

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because of you I saved a fish!! - 2manyfish   Thanks for all of the help that you have given me :) - squirt_12   to my new buddy - mitcore   For being you! - NickFish   Here is a hotdog for a good Freind! - Patriot   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on your new additions! New stuff will show up i remember fenix found nothing for a while, then something new every week!Try looking it at night with your flashlight!

50G Tank - Kyathit Danios, Zebra Danio, Swordtails, Silver Hatchetfish, Platy, Gold Barbs, Cherry Barbs, Bolivian Rams, Apisto, Zebra Loaches.
    20G 'Nano Fish' Tank - Pygmy Rasboras, Lampeyes, Sparkling Gouramis, CPD, Bronze Corydoras, Cherry Shrimp
    Wanted: More CPD's and Loaches.
    Keep updated with my fish world in my Blog! And my tanks Blog!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need a gift...keep up all of the good work....  :) - squirt_12   For keeping a cool head! - coachfraley   to the SW expert! - cocoa_pleco   a fish for your 90g. - squirt_12   for your awesome 90g! - squirt_12   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - spudbuds   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new stuff! A pic of your "growth" would help identify it.
    90G Reef Build Thread

90 Gallon Reef: Ocellaris Clowns, Midas Blenny, Ignitus Anthias, Various inverts
    20 Gallon SW Quarantine: Exquisite Wrasse
    10 Gallon SW Quarantine: Empty
    55 Gallon Community: Neon Tetras, Gold Neon Tetras, GloFish, Corydoras (paleatus & trilineatus), Otocinclus, Mollies, Platies, Apple Snails
    5 Gallon: Crowntail Betta, African Dwarf Frog

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

LOLOLOLOL - Lady Hobbs   Here's to capitals and periods!!!!!!! - Lady Hobbs   Sorry about photos - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    man, i want a nano now

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   Hang in there man! - coachfraley   For taking on the 10g wavemaker! - coachfraley   

0 Not allowed!
    Sweet dude. But need pics

As Tolley said, you'll have to be patient and wait for things to come out. I still find weird things now and then, and my tank is tiny. I'm still adding coral and every time I throw in a new piece something weird comes out of it. I'm sure you have a whole bunch of stuff its just you haven't seen them yet. I spend a disgusting amount of time watching my tank and I keep a camera beside it too. You never know when something weird is going to happen.

Congrats on the new addition. I hope you have better luck with the crabs than I did.

Btw: heres a un-related question. what does the Zamboni actually do? Does it drop hot water on the ice to melt the top layer of ice? always wondered.
    10 Gallon - Assorted Items of Interest.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

LOLOLOLOL - Lady Hobbs   Here's to capitals and periods!!!!!!! - Lady Hobbs   Sorry about photos - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix
    Btw: heres a un-related question. what does the Zamboni actually do? Does it drop hot water on the ice to melt the top layer of ice? always wondered.
    lol zamboni

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zamboni

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congrats on winning the lotto :) woohoo - shalafi04   Love your tank! - Lady Hobbs   for your old, dear friend - Lady Hobbs   So Sorry for your loss - hope you feel better soon xx - Fishalicious   For your loss,In rememberance of Windy - smaug   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - kitten3326   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - kitten3326   Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - kitten3326   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - kitten3326   

0 Not allowed!
    Congratulations on the nano tank, we are setting up a 90 gallon salt water corner tank come this summer, can`t wait, I will need lots of help:)
    Karen
    90g Cichlid- Green Terror, Severum, Firemouth, Blood Parrot
    46g Fluval Vincenza - Angel Fish, Blue Rams, Planted
    48 Gallon Saltwater Reef with sump

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here ya go. - Tigerbarb   A little something for a friend!! - Patriot   Thanks for being there! - NickFish   have a gift - mitcore   :D - harls_aussie   

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear about your new friends! Be sure to post some pix!
    "Everybody knows, you only live a day, but it's brilliant anyway..."
    Elliott smith

20g nano reef
    55g FOWLR saltwater
    29g planted freshwater
    10g planted freshwater