· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Mr. Gourami

Awards Showcase

You deserve a gift ! :) - MeganL3985 For doing research!  BTW...college ;) - Rue Put him with Bruce.... - jbeining75 Its good to have company - smaug Thought this might help while your're sick. Hope you feel better soon. - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    For the cards - William An Apple For Teaching Grad!  Congrats! - MeganL3985 You deserve to let yourself go for all the hard work you did to graduate!!! - Bolivian Ram Here's an apple for the teacher, great job Ellen - sailor A koi, because they love being in a school!! - smaug 
    Congrats on the job - sailor congrats on the job ! - Algenco For getting your teaching job - snipers_den Welcome back! - fins_n_fur merry xmas - smaug 
    For the new tank - Northernguy Way to go! DIY Stand. - Northernguy My condolances to you and your family. - Mith Good Luck, thanks for the rep! - Wild Turkey I thought you might like a Frontosa. - Brookfish 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Ellen4God Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ellen4God 

Default Mr. Gourami

0 Not allowed!
    I've had Mr. Gourami since January, and I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with a good name for him. So, tonight, as I was taking pictures of my tank for "show and tell," I started calling him Mr. Gourami. Maybe that's who he'll be...

Either that or Dopey. I have 6 zebra striped danios in the tank with Mr. Gourami, and I've been thinking about getting a 7th one just so I'll have "the seven dwarfs." Well, when I think of Mr. Gourami, I think he's developed a little bit of an identity crisis, and he now thinks he's a danio - but this is only my opinion. So, he could be the 7th dwarf, making him Dopey b/c he's pretty clueless...

Anyhoo, here's a new picture of Mr. Gourami/Dopey -

(the second is of Mr. Gourami and one of my otos)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    He does kinda look like a dopey...hmm.... Nice pic...
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Not sure how the fish looks dopey... hahaha. When compared to other same species he seems to look just fine :D
    image-honey.jpg
    image source here

I think more colors will come into the fish with some better nutrition and some time to get used to his tank.

4. Default Mr. Gourami

0 Not allowed!
    I like the name Mr Gourami. But that's just me. I had some neon tetras some of which were Snow White and the 7 dwarfs and it got hard when some passed due to old age and I had the 4 dwarfs... Mr Gourami is a very cool name! I have a kissing gourami called Johnny Cash, June Carter passed. He's quite happy on his lonesome I believe and has made fast friends with Spike my golden bristle nose pleco :)

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    " Well, when I think of Mr. Gourami, I think he's developed a little bit of an identity crisis, and he now thinks he's a danio"

Funny, I have a clown loach that has become part of the tiger barb shoal. I have other loaches but he prefers the barbs. He's slightly larger than the dominant barb. I'm curious to see what happens as he out grows his friends.

0 Not allowed!
    Aw, I like the name Mr. Gourami :D

"Know that on the night of the Gala Event I shall raise my glass and whisper, 'Fortunato'". -Frederick Sinclair
    gallery