· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: New tetra!

1. Default New tetra!

0 Not allowed!
    My local library has a new type of tetra that doesn't even have a name yet. It is one of the bigger 2-3" tetras, and it sort of looks like a bleeding heart without the heart. I forgot the number name, it was sort of like H7v5 or something. Just something interesting I wanted to tell you all.
    !~*Shockshockshad*~!
    30 gallon
    Heavily Planted SE Asian biotope
    -2 SAE's, 13 threadfin rainbows, 6 White Cloud Mtn. Minnows and a dwarf gourami

12 gallon
    2 bamboo shrimp, couple cherry shrimp, 10 neons, 6 CPD's and 8 spotted rasboras

75 gallon
    South American tank
    -1 Firemouth , 1 blue acara

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    cool..does your library actually have the tetra or do you mean just listed in a book or something. If they have it it would be nice to see a pic if possible.

Awards Showcase

You need gifts. Have a cookie! - Drumachine09 Good luck with your fishie - RobbieG Loving what you bring to the forum. Hope you are a long-term friend here! - gm72 For being you - Nick_Pavlovski Whatever yu want it to be - crackatinny 
    For helping us out and being a GREAT member! - gm72 I love you! - Over Actor Your my hero.....Kinda.....(^: - Kuli_Loach For the help with the coconut! - the P its about time i gave you a gift too! - cocoa_pleco 
    Let's celebrate Chica...maybe you can help make the favors - **AquaQueen** You do great work! - Lady Hobbs who doesn't want a cupcake? lol - tropfish Thanks for being as sweet as this Kiss to me...your a good friend! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share with my GF....Hope ya like choco-chip w/nuts - **AquaQueen** 
    For Your Daughter...she will like this better...No Milk! - **AquaQueen** Drink up! - Nick_Pavlovski Thanks for being so nice! - Bill M. Good Luck in the tiebreaker! - RobbieG thanks for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah* 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MeganL3985 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MeganL3985 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MeganL3985 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MeganL3985 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MeganL3985 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MeganL3985 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MeganL3985 

0 Not allowed!
    Cool! I love tetras <3
    *Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What Your Up To*

Tanks-
    55 Gallon--On Hold, In Storage...
    20 Gallon High--Tetra and Cory's
    5 Gallon Hex--Guppies (3 Female, 2 Male)
    2.5 Gallon Mini Bow--Future ADF Habitat
    <3 RIP--To My Former Fishies <3

*Aquatic Lounge Chatroom*
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

0 Not allowed!
    Do you have the scinetific name??
    CORRECTED video of my fish. This link works. For sure. Really.

Tanks:
    20g long: 4 panda cories, 1 honey gourami, 1 apistogramma borellii, 1 male cacatuoides
    20g High: 3 bolivian rams, 12 rasboras
    8g hex: empty
    5g: empty

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Can you get a pic.. Kinda funny just walking into the library and snapping a photo but now I'm interested...
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

Awards Showcase

beer party! - cocoa_pleco have a margarita on me... - digital3 congrats on the angels! - cocoa_pleco heres a drink too.... i dont like drinking alone - arkie have a burger! - cocoa_pleco 
    and a beer... - cocoa_pleco and a slush for desert! - cocoa_pleco Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry christmas! - cocoa_pleco Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12 
    cuz u needed a gift from me and I have no idea what this is lol - richberstler Happy Holidays! - digital3 happy new year - arkie Here's some candy I stole from Lindsay. Haha! - KcEE For a new mate, - CAX474 
    to the soon to be professional fish breeder! - cocoa_pleco Zachery Ty Bryan Award - richberstler Happy Birthday Dillon - OscarFan Here's a Cafe Latte for you! - KcEE Get well soon!!! - KcEE 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - mitcore Childhood Cancer - mitcore Hepatitis C - mitcore 

0 Not allowed!
    i agree with all above pics
    i would love to see it i also love tetras
    3ft
    tetras ,platties ,guppies,corys
    4 bristle noses,peacock eel,sword tails
    paradise fish
    1 male betta, a female betta
    bumble bee gobi, harliquin rasbroas, mystery snails
    4ft
    angels, gouramis, bristle noses,3 silver fin sharks
    widows,khulis,severums
    corys ,rainbows,keyholes,snails, 4 bristle noses
    congo tetras,
    breeder tank
    angel breeding pair
    3ft divided angel breeder
    1 breeding pair,fry and ghost knife
    platty tank
    1 river fish,platties
    G,O,T

0 Not allowed!
    I believe he's describing THESE. They are a Hyphessobrycon species, but they haven't been given a species name yet by science. The HY is for the Hyphessobrycon genus. I believe the number delineates the fish is the 511th fish discovered in the Amazon system.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave66; 02-28-2008 at 07:04 AM.
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    your library? or you local fish store? Would be nice to see some pics.
    Luis

What fish would you like to be...???

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My library. Yes, Dave, that is the tetra. My library has a whole Amazon themed tank. It's really nice, except the only thing I don't agree with is that they have 2 clown loaches in a 90 gallon and they do water changes every 4 weeks. I have e-mailed, but thy won't liste. Oh well.
    !~*Shockshockshad*~!
    30 gallon
    Heavily Planted SE Asian biotope
    -2 SAE's, 13 threadfin rainbows, 6 White Cloud Mtn. Minnows and a dwarf gourami

12 gallon
    2 bamboo shrimp, couple cherry shrimp, 10 neons, 6 CPD's and 8 spotted rasboras

75 gallon
    South American tank
    -1 Firemouth , 1 blue acara