· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Will Tetras Survive In My Tank

0 Not allowed!
    I was thinking about adding cardinals or neons to my tank, could they survive in my tank with a pH of 7.6? I find this weird because my tap water has a pH of 7.0. What is causing the 7.6 pH in my tank?
    30g Long Planted South American BioTope Blue Rams & Apisto + Community
    Formerly Carlos_x3, RamGuy13

Awards Showcase

Gorgeous new aquascaping! - Rue for good luck and something magical to hold - smaug you can be my valentine anytime jarhead - smaug Thanks for the support - jbeining75 I thank you for the thoughtful gift,:) - kitten3326 
    For a very nice person - sailor you is a great fish mummy dont doubt yourself - arkie Thanks for the TOTM Support! - fins_n_fur Have a discus than! lol - Northernguy Just because I think you marines are Superhero's! xxoo - fraggle 
    Replace Vodka Wasted On Dirftwood ;-) - Taurus Sorry about your puppy. Im glad you won. He was adorable and Im sure very much loved. - smaug 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - shalafi04 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - shalafi04 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - shalafi04 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - shalafi04 Childhood Cancer - shalafi04 
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - shalafi04 Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - shalafi04 

0 Not allowed!
    we cant really help unless you tell us whats in the tank?? sand, substrate, gravel, live plants, fake plants, rocks, drift wood???
    ~~Misty~~

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My pH has always been at 7.6, even when I first set it up a couple weeks ago with only 2 smalls ornaments, gravel and my male betta Charlie who I moved out once my cycling started and now back in since I started using seachem today. Right now I have a few more ornaments, some small fake plants.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Anyone have experience with tetras and a betta? My betta seems to get along fine with my corys. But the tetras are alot faster and brighter.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    bettas and tetras are fine!!
    Harls

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am new to this too, but i have been told over and over agian, that Neon Tetras will nip at Bettas fins, by people on these forums & LFS's

I have Tetras, and they are not as "durable" as other fish, my PH is 7.5 and hits 8 sometimes (only tested using the 5in1 test kit so not too acurate) and i purchased 10 neons at first (my first fish) 2 glass cat fish, and 2 talking white spottied catfish,

i now have 6 neon tetras, 2 talking white catfish, 10 mollies, & some mollie babies and they all seem to be thriving,
    The neons i think are easily stressed, and were all hiding at the back of the tank when i got them (did by them from P@H who dont really look after their fish), but the remaining 6 have settled in now, and are looking really bright! so everything seems good now.

but both my glass catfish just died, didnt seem unhealthy or anything, but did not seem to eat with the rest of the fish, so that my be why.. dont know. 1 min they are swimming about healthy and next dead.
    5G tank -Red/Purple Male Siamese Fighter(Iain) 3G bowl - female betta
    24 Gallon [Tropical]- 2 Figure 8 puffers (rodd & todd)
    -White Spotted Talking CatFish (Prada) -1 Plecostomus (Chris)
    18 Gallon [Nano Reef] - 10KG Fiji LR
    -2 Percula Clownfish
    -1 Cleaner Shrimp (Mum) -1 Yellow Watchman Goby (Dena)
    -1 Royal Gramma - 1 Flame Hawkfish
    -Red Leg Hermits - Turbo Snails

0 Not allowed!
    They could go together. Depends on the individual fish. If you do go with the neons, acclimate them very slowly, so that they gradually get use to the high pH.
    Stock the tank you have, not the tank you plan to have. Always have and use patience.
    - 29g FW - Community
    - 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts
    For those of you who want a SW tank and never have had one before or just starting out, read this blog entry from my blog on AC, it will give you a place to start.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Can anyone recommend a certain kind of tetra for a beginner 20g? A hardier species which would be able to thrive in higher pH. I'd like to know more about there natural environment so I could set up my tank better.

Awards Showcase

For doing such good research!! - Rue hehe. - Tolley nascar prize - sailor Happy Birthday! - squirt_12 For rescuing feeders!  Way to go! - Rue 
    Thanks for the rep! - robnepper To the only guy to quote himself! - Mr.Prototype Thinking of Noah & your family xxx - Fishalicious For your 1 year at AC xxx - Fishalicious Not enough gifts - The Red Severum 
    you need more! - The Red Severum one more! - The Red Severum won the lottery with your donation, had to buy you a beer - mrs fishpatrick Time for another round! - northernguy A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey 
    Here's one on the house, Nick. - robnepper Merry Christmas - Northernguy Thanks!! - Wild Turkey your info has been great the last couple of days - The Red Severum I appreciate your generousity! - Brookfish 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - NickFish Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NickFish Childhood Cancer - NickFish Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - NickFish 

0 Not allowed!
    Can anyone recommend a certain kind of tetra for a beginner 20g? A hardier species which would be able to thrive in higher pH. I'd like to know more about there natural environment so I could set up my tank better.
    Harlequin rasboras are great beginner "tetras", and beginner fish for that matter. While not actually tetras they are nearly identical in care and behaviour. They naturally come from thailand I believe, and like driftwood and lots of plants.

Rummynose are good too, and I've kept both in a pH identical to yours.
    Last edited by NickFish; 02-21-2008 at 11:48 PM.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Really almost all fish that you buy in fishstores are raised in higher phs anyways so you should be fine.

I was wondering are you running an airstone. Oxygen raises the ph in your tank so if you are running an airstone in your tank that could be the cause of your high ph.
    75g:
    5 small clown loaches
    Blue acara
    satanoperca leucosticta (earth eater)