· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

good luck with the fiddlers.... :) - squirt_12   

Default Fiddler Crab tank change

0 Not allowed!
    Hey, here's my new tank setup... I used live sand instead of clay stuff... Basically, I read the package this time......

Before:

After:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift - cocoa_pleco   To A Great AC Member! :) - MeganL3985   Good Luck With Everything - MeganL3985   You might not know anything about SW tanks but you helped anyways!  Here's your first SW fish... enjoy! - rageybug   For you! Thanks! lol - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    wow that transformation looks wonderful.
    i think this arrangement is much nicer for various reason, the least of which being that water is clear. i love the huge rock in the center of the water and the rocks that create the barrier between water/sand. i think your little fellas should be quite content with their new home. ;)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift - cocoa_pleco   To A Great AC Member! :) - MeganL3985   Good Luck With Everything - MeganL3985   You might not know anything about SW tanks but you helped anyways!  Here's your first SW fish... enjoy! - rageybug   For you! Thanks! lol - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    i also like that in the newer pic one of the crabs is hanging out in the middle of the hole in the rock with his claw raised.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a gift as a thank you for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah*   Congrats on the new fry :) - *Sarah*   *kicks* :P - Drumachine09   Just because! - 2manyfish   Have a great Birthday! - CAF   
    Childhood Cancer - squirt_12   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - squirt_12   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - squirt_12   

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice tank.
    Looks much better.

May i ask....is that heater on thats just hanging there??? If yes..it shouldn't be on.....2 if it isn't you need to have the tank at around 75F.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For SW enthusiasm - NOT skipping class! - Rue   for the bubby goldfish - arkie   in commemoration of you babies. - Gemstone   Have a gift!! - Tolley   Congratulations on your photo award! - fins_n_fur   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Halelorf   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking tank, and the heater should be in the water if i'm not mistaken :D.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have the heater on the lowest setting, just to keep the air warmer...because the ambient temp in my room is a little too cool...the temperature gauge on my tank was reading something like 70-72... so far, the heater hasn't caused any problems, but it has warmed the air (and water) inside of the tank... Will it really cause any problems?

Thanks!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For SW enthusiasm - NOT skipping class! - Rue   for the bubby goldfish - arkie   in commemoration of you babies. - Gemstone   Have a gift!! - Tolley   Congratulations on your photo award! - fins_n_fur   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Halelorf   

0 Not allowed!
    I think having them heat air isn't good for them, they burn themelves out. Also if it is a glas one, which it looks like it is, they can crack very easy if it fell or a cooler drop of water splashed on it and fry everything in the tank. Personally I would put it in the water but if you haven't had trouble with it then you could probably leave it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a gift as a thank you for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah*   Congrats on the new fry :) - *Sarah*   *kicks* :P - Drumachine09   Just because! - 2manyfish   Have a great Birthday! - CAF   
    Childhood Cancer - squirt_12   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - squirt_12   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - squirt_12   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanMusician
    I have the heater on the lowest setting, just to keep the air warmer...because the ambient temp in my room is a little too cool...the temperature gauge on my tank was reading something like 70-72... so far, the heater hasn't caused any problems, but it has warmed the air (and water) inside of the tank... Will it really cause any problems?

Thanks!
    thats not good for the heater and that means that the air is dry. The air has to be humid. Meaning you need to get a submersable heater to put in the WATER to keep it around 75-80F. Then the humidity level will rise if you have the back all covered up , which you should to keep humidity and crabs in. So i strongly recommend for you to get a submersable heater for the tank. The heater out of the water is a bad idea. I am not trying to sound mean or anything.

EDIT - do you have a filter in the tank??

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I've got the Fluval 1-plus submersible filter - it's for up to 12 gallons, so it works fine...

I'll take the heater out right away, then. Are underwater heaters expensive? Would your average local pet store (like petsmart) sell them?

Also, I still haven't found a hydrometer that will work in my tank. The only ones I have seen are about 8-10 inches tall... any other suggestions? I've read that the needed marine salt will be about 1 tbsp per gallon, so that's what I have.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    ok..i thought that you had a filter but i wanted to ask just to make sure.

Submersables arn't that expensive. I just got a little glass one for $20. The only thing is....you can't set the temperature. it is always at a constant 75F. But it is a good quality heater and it does the job. It works for up to 10g. This is what the heater looks like and is what i am using.