· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default what do you feed your tetras?

0 Not allowed!
    I've been using this and i think my neons are having trouble passing it through...

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    one is looking pretty fat/bloated and swimming saraticly with his tail high in the air and doesn't look good :(

Awards Showcase

Wishing You the Very Best for the New Year!!! - Jill Happy New year - Celtic Fins Happy new year! - Brookfish happy new year! - The Red Severum All Sailors love coffee - jbeining75 
    Sailor - Brookfish cheers bud! - Crispy Happy Birthday bud! - Brookfish thanks for the rep! - Lab_Rat congrats on motm - Lab_Rat 
    Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the nomination - Cliff Merry X-mass, and thanks for all of your help this past year, both here and at the store - Cliff No Message - cer Thanks for the rep - Cliff 
    thanks for the betta :D - Cyberra Happy Birthday - KingFisher thanks for the rep:) Zebra pleco for you! - Northerly Merry Christmas - Cliff Just a Thanks! - Plecos 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sailor Autism - sailor 

0 Not allowed!
    I feed all my fish NLS, New life spectrum. Even the smallest fish pig it down.
    Sailor

Aye Aye

4. Default I have neon tetras and i feed them...

0 Not allowed!
    I have neon tetras and i feed them tetramin PRO tropical crisps and they will be able to take bites because the flakes are thin

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Try switching them to nls community forum or Hikari Gold mini pellets....... Pellets hold the nutroients in the food better than flakes... Try deshelled peas to pass the constipation....
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

0 Not allowed!
    I feed my tetras a little bit of everything. From the flake food, Tetra-min, to brine shrimp, and to algae wafers. I try to give mine a variety of food. After all, if I had to eat pizza every day, I do not think I would like it after awhile.
    75 gallon planted tank with discus, GBR's and cardinals

135 gallon saltwater FOWLR work in progress and desperately need help

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hijack this thread a bit.

I bought the New Life Spectrum community pellets but I have observed and now see on the container they are sinking pellets. These seem to fall right past my black phantom tetras straight to the bottom. Did I buy the wrong thing with respect to the tetras? They don't seem like they eat anything unless it floats right in front of their face (like some flakes I gave them). Are tetras capable of eating food off the bottom (sand) or does their food have to be floating?

Even if I bought the wrong thing it won't go to waste because the cories are snarfing it down no problem.

Thanks.
    30 gallon freshwater
    1 black Phantom Tetra
    4 Lemon Tetra
    3 cory cats

Awards Showcase

Gorgeous new aquascaping! - Rue for good luck and something magical to hold - smaug you can be my valentine anytime jarhead - smaug Thanks for the support - jbeining75 I thank you for the thoughtful gift,:) - kitten3326 
    For a very nice person - sailor you is a great fish mummy dont doubt yourself - arkie Thanks for the TOTM Support! - fins_n_fur Have a discus than! lol - Northernguy Just because I think you marines are Superhero's! xxoo - fraggle 
    Replace Vodka Wasted On Dirftwood ;-) - Taurus Sorry about your puppy. Im glad you won. He was adorable and Im sure very much loved. - smaug 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - shalafi04 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - shalafi04 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - shalafi04 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - shalafi04 Childhood Cancer - shalafi04 
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - shalafi04 Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - shalafi04 

0 Not allowed!
    i feed my tetra the same thing as you. havent had any problems. If its only one of your tetra thats acting funny, you have to assume that its an isolated incient. some peas may help him with whatever is going on... keep us posted
    ~~Misty~~

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNISHER VETTE
    I've been using this and i think my neons are having trouble passing it through...

http://akamai.edeal.com//images/cata...2812341med.jpg

I feed my neons this. They love it! I know it may not be the best food on the market, but they enjoy it, their colors are bright, and they gobble it down. When the can is done, I'll switch then.
    The former ZCciVic22!

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car; Oversteer is when you hit with the rear. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    fish indigestion :(