· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Bristlenose

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Bristlenose

0 Not allowed!
    hey guys i was just wondering if theres something wrong with my bristlenose hes doin these really long uhh "poo's" and i was just wondering if thats normal or do i need to feed him something, he doesnt seem to be sick or anything he eats and hes active.

ive currently got him in my community tank so i guess he eats the tropical food i feed my other fish but i also put these sinking wafer things i brought from the store once, tho ive only seen him actually eating it once. i think he eats it at night because its never there in the morning.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thanks for the chat - mitcore   for being a loyal student - mitcore   heres some junk food - mitcore   Coz.. Cory's r cute.. LOL - Demi ^_^   banana = brain food - arkie   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - harls_aussie   

0 Not allowed!
    its normal there poopin' machines mine has ones about 3-5 inch long!!! :P
    Harls

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    yeh thats good to hear sometimes mine get to the 5inch mark too and they hang off the plants and everything and kinda looks a bit eww but after a few hours they just dissapear

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just a regular gift! - Rue   Wheres all your gifts JB?!  Heres another one! - MeganL3985   for a buddy - smaug   Welcome back - sailor   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jbeining75   

0 Not allowed!
    They are poopy machines. nothing is wrong usless the poop is just hanging from underneath for long periods of time, then he's constipated.... I doubt that though with an algae eater as they eat organics up...
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You're hella cool! - Rocky06fx4   Thank you for your donation! - Tigerbarb   to my new drinking pal ;) - arkie   hope you dont mind...for cara get well soon - angelcakes   My heart goes to Cara - Get well Soon! - Tolley   
    Autism - ZCciVic22   

0 Not allowed!
    Well.. The pooh doesn't just "dissappear". It probably falls down to the gravel. Be sure your are gravel vac'ing as that pooh will turn to ammonia. Pleco's are poop machines, but if he's pooping, then that means he's eating. They are nocturnal, so if you're throwing the wafers in just for him, it's typically best to do it about an hour after you shut your tank lights off.
    The former ZCciVic22!

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car; Oversteer is when you hit with the rear. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    yeh well i normally feed my fish about half an hour to an hour before i turn the light off, and about half an hour to an hour after i turn it on in the morning, but i only put 1 wafer per day.