· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A poor sub for your Betta - Nick_Pavlovski   Here's a ram for ya - Lady Hobbs   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Carlos_x3   

Default My Betta Changed Colours

0 Not allowed!
    My Betta has recently changed colours on one side of his body. Before this change each side of his body was a different colour. For example he was violet on one side and turqoise on the other. Today I noticed both sides of his body are turqoise. He also had some violet on his tail which has now turned to turqoise. What does this mean? Is this a healthy sign ?
    30g Long Planted South American BioTope Blue Rams & Apisto + Community
    Formerly Carlos_x3, RamGuy13

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Gorgeous new aquascaping! - Rue   for good luck and something magical to hold - smaug   you can be my valentine anytime jarhead - smaug   Thanks for the support - jbeining75   I thank you for the thoughtful gift,:) - kitten3326   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - shalafi04   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - shalafi04   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - shalafi04   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - shalafi04   Childhood Cancer - shalafi04   

0 Not allowed!
    i dont know much about fish but i know with animals they change to adult colors. like birds and such. maybe thats what happened :?
    ~~Misty~~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need a gift....and thanks so much for all of that help with my betta!!!! : D - squirt_12   thanks for all of the help...again. lol. - squirt_12   Merry Christmas Blu :) - MeganL3985   for a fellow Betta lover - DragonGoby   

0 Not allowed!
    Has the lighting where he is been changed..that can change the shade of a betta. It can also be a sign of stress but in your case it doesnt sound like it because he didnt dull or anything. It is natural for bettas to change color as they age though

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A poor sub for your Betta - Nick_Pavlovski   Here's a ram for ya - Lady Hobbs   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Carlos_x3   

0 Not allowed!
    Lighting still the same. I think he just turned 1 years old, maybe thats why lol.
    30g Long Planted South American BioTope Blue Rams & Apisto + Community
    Formerly Carlos_x3, RamGuy13

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need a gift....and thanks so much for all of that help with my betta!!!! : D - squirt_12   thanks for all of the help...again. lol. - squirt_12   Merry Christmas Blu :) - MeganL3985   for a fellow Betta lover - DragonGoby   

0 Not allowed!
    As long as he still looks healthy and is behaving normally then I wouldnt worry hes probably just changing with age.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift - cocoa_pleco   To A Great AC Member! :) - MeganL3985   Good Luck With Everything - MeganL3985   You might not know anything about SW tanks but you helped anyways!  Here's your first SW fish... enjoy! - rageybug   For you! Thanks! lol - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    i have never heard or seen of a betta with two different colors on his body. sorry i can't help but an interesting Q.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just a regular gift! - Rue   Wheres all your gifts JB?!  Heres another one! - MeganL3985   for a buddy - smaug   Welcome back - sailor   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jbeining75   

0 Not allowed!
    might just be the reflection of the lighting, but I'd say if he's getting lighter watch for signs of stress in the tank....
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."