· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best book

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Best book

0 Not allowed!
    I am looking for the ultimate book on freshwater fish. I need a book that would have information on every species of freshwater fish like a encyclopedia. Any help would be appreciated.
    thanx

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    dunno how to explain it but i have this book from the early 80's called "tropical aquarium fish", and has a black cover with a red betta.

its a binder, and has info on any coldwater fish, tropical fish, or cichlid, and a plant section. each species has basic info, a paragraph on the fish, and a map picture on where the fish is naturally found

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

We all love fast food!! - Tolley   Thanx for da gift! The least I can do is return the favor! - Tigerbarb   have a gift - mitcore   For giving me the idea with your avatar(username - William   Here's a ram for ya - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    I have a book called "500 ways to be a better freshwater fishkeeper" and i think its a great book! I have more books too if your interested.
    Dewey

-------------------------------------
    10 gallon - 1x feeder fish 1x blue gourami
    2x yoyo loaches

1 1/2 gallon - empty
    38 gallon - 7x Flavus Cichlids

My alarm clock
    Formerly Known as Patriot

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first plant - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985   here is one on me! - smaug   for help in time of need!!!!! - jbeining75   have a gift - mitcore   

0 Not allowed!
    The encylopedia of aquarium and pond fish. It has TONS and TONS of species of fish.
    !~*Shockshockshad*~!
    30 gallon
    Heavily Planted SE Asian biotope
    -2 SAE's, 13 threadfin rainbows, 6 White Cloud Mtn. Minnows and a dwarf gourami

12 gallon
    2 bamboo shrimp, couple cherry shrimp, 10 neons, 6 CPD's and 8 spotted rasboras

75 gallon
    South American tank
    -1 Firemouth , 1 blue acara

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just a regular gift! - Rue   Wheres all your gifts JB?!  Heres another one! - MeganL3985   for a buddy - smaug   Welcome back - sailor   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jbeining75   

0 Not allowed!
    The Complete book of the freshwater aquarium....

Encyclopedia of Exotic Tropical Fishes....

Also Dave66 has a post around here called books...

Go to the top ans hit search..... then advanced search andtype in dave66 then pull down window to view all threads look for books.... On second thought hold on I'll get it......
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just a regular gift! - Rue   Wheres all your gifts JB?!  Heres another one! - MeganL3985   for a buddy - smaug   Welcome back - sailor   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jbeining75   

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=16081

here ya go Dave's book sticky......
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default My list

0 Not allowed!
    I have that 500 ways to better fishkeeping aswell. And encyclopedia of aquarium and pond fish. And the new encyclopedia of salwater fish. All those books are great but I find there are fish that aren't even in those books when it comes to freshwater. The saltwater book has everything. But there are freshwater species that aren't in there. So on your own expertises what is the best book for freshwater that has every species known to man. Thanx

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_marchi
    I have that 500 ways to better fishkeeping aswell. And encyclopedia of aquarium and pond fish. And the new encyclopedia of salwater fish. All those books are great but I find there are fish that aren't even in those books when it comes to freshwater. The saltwater book has everything. But there are freshwater species that aren't in there. So on your own expertises what is the best book for freshwater that has every species known to man. Thanx
    I quote myself:

Doctor Axelrod's Atlas of Freshwater Aquarium Fishes, TFH Publishing - A tome of literally thousands of species. If you want to see what all is out there, this the granddaddy of aquarium atlases. A photo, with male and female fishes if possible, tops each of the thousands of fishes listed. Underneath is a set of symbols delineating habits, temperament, pH, hardness, method of breeding and temperature.
    Information on aquarium keeping and plants, breeding and diseases, bracket the front and back pages of the book.
    The book is essential as it gives one a chance to pick fishes they are interested in and do further research on them. Get the latest edition, as they reflect new scientific names and new fishes in the newest edition.

Has roughly 4,000 pictures of about 3000 species. That's pretty much all there is out there, FW wise that can be kept in an aquarium, albeit some in aquariums the size of a swimming pool. That book has a photo on every aquarium fish known to man thus far, as new fish are discovered monthly.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave66; 02-18-2008 at 07:47 PM.
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's one for my new buddy! - 2manyfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow thanks Dave66,I'll put that on my wish list for my birthday!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congrats on MOTM! - Jacko   Another round for my friends - mommy1   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Thanks for your kind words in my blog, it really dose help - Cliff   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - The Red Severum   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Red Severum   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Red Severum   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - The Red Severum   HIV/AIDS - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    does anyone know where i can find that book?
    i looked on amazon and it wasent there..