· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default question RE: wwww.petshrimp.com

0 Not allowed!
    Has anyone ever checked out this site? I recently installed some RCS and posted a question on petshrimp about what other shrimp I could put in with them that would not cross. I never could find the post so thought it did not go thru so did it again. Then I got a nasty email reply that I had been warned 2 times to do research before posting. Well, I had been thru the site but could never find any answer and had googled for an answer. So I replied to the email that what they did was rude and that I had done research first. They never even let the post go thru so that someone could answer. Then, when I went to the site, all that came up was a note that I was permanently banned. It was like it was a joke.

Awards Showcase

Gorgeous new aquascaping! - Rue for good luck and something magical to hold - smaug you can be my valentine anytime jarhead - smaug Thanks for the support - jbeining75 I thank you for the thoughtful gift,:) - kitten3326 
    For a very nice person - sailor you is a great fish mummy dont doubt yourself - arkie Thanks for the TOTM Support! - fins_n_fur Have a discus than! lol - Northernguy Just because I think you marines are Superhero's! xxoo - fraggle 
    Replace Vodka Wasted On Dirftwood ;-) - Taurus Sorry about your puppy. Im glad you won. He was adorable and Im sure very much loved. - smaug 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - shalafi04 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - shalafi04 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - shalafi04 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - shalafi04 Childhood Cancer - shalafi04 
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - shalafi04 Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - shalafi04 

0 Not allowed!
    wow! seriously. thats ridiculous! who needs em! We are knowledge enough here at the AC. We dont need those shrimp nazis crampin' our style. You're welcome here and thats what counts.
    I have encountered sites like this before. Its just ran by power hungry monitors who don't understand their need to be helpful. give the site a year and it'll probably have 5 members and nobody posting. for shame.
    ~~Misty~~

0 Not allowed!
    Never heard of the site but it doesn't sound too friendly...

If RCS are Red Cherry Shrimp then they will not crossbreed with:
    Crystal Red, Tiger, Bumblebee, glass, japonica shrimp

They will cross with all others like rainbow, red tail, white pearl
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    I've been a member of that forum for over a year. Mustafa has very strict rules about posting, and expects everyone to read and follow them. His reason for such a strict system is to prevent the same questions from being asked/answered repeatedly, which makes the forum search process much more time-consuming. To be fair, almost anything you might want to know about shrimp has probably been discussed at some point, and the info can be found by searching the forum. I'm not defending him, or agreeing with his policies, just explaining the reasons for them.
    Cherry shrimp are a Neocaridina species, and can potentially crossbreed with any others of the same genus.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    wow thats crazy...............
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    hey, it's his forum, I've researched quite a bit and finally registered, I didn't post right away and was removed. I have no problem with that, like I said, it's his forum and he can run it anyway he wants.

I haven't bothered to re-register
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

Awards Showcase

Wishing You the Very Best for the New Year!!! - Jill Happy New year - Celtic Fins Happy new year! - Brookfish happy new year! - The Red Severum All Sailors love coffee - jbeining75 
    Sailor - Brookfish cheers bud! - Crispy Happy Birthday bud! - Brookfish thanks for the rep! - Lab_Rat congrats on motm - Lab_Rat 
    Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the nomination - Cliff Merry X-mass, and thanks for all of your help this past year, both here and at the store - Cliff No Message - cer Thanks for the rep - Cliff 
    thanks for the betta :D - Cyberra Happy Birthday - KingFisher thanks for the rep:) Zebra pleco for you! - Northerly Merry Christmas - Cliff Just a Thanks! - Plecos 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sailor Autism - sailor 

0 Not allowed!
    That's it...........NO SHRIMP FOR YOU
    Sailor

Aye Aye

Awards Showcase

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco You make me laugh! - Drumachine09 And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco 
    There. Thats better. - Drumachine09 maybe one day we can enjoy one of these - sergo Congrats you recived a RAK gift enjoy! - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark 
    Cheers! - Nick_Pavlovski Since Wendy's is only open 4 hours! - aliz340 For Your Help And Friendship - MeganL3985 Hope you a good time in Germany - alizee340 Good to have you back around the forum! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    Thanks....you could use some Luck with your fish too! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for helping whne it's needed! - **AquaQueen** Back at you, CP! - Dave66 You send me fruit I send you pizza!! LOL!! - 2manyfish a fish for the new 5.5g salt! lol - cocoa_pleco 
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - cocoa_pleco Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cocoa_pleco Childhood Cancer - cocoa_pleco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cocoa_pleco 

0 Not allowed!
    zshuzshu i know how you feel. the forum i belonged to before this was horrible.

all was good, then someone posted that they had a JD with fin rot going to the flesh, and it was blood red, no meds were working. i said to put the fish in a sterile paper plate, put a wet paper towel over all of the fish but its fin, and gently wipe on hydrogen peroxide to the fin and dont get any in the gills or eyes.

I HAD done that method tons of times, with success, and EXPERTS recommended it to me once. after i posted that suggestion everyone freaked and i was close to getting banned. i said whatever, if you dont listen to me the fish is a goner and left.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've used hydrogen peroxide for fin rot before and it worked great. If they don't want experienced advice then meah, you can't make them.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Sailor got it right.

I am on there and have not had any issues. I think even if it has been discussed there can still be something gained by having a new thread on it. For example, what if THIS person can't get shrimp x or y, but can get two others that were not discussed before. What if they are mistaken on the identity of their current shrimp. What if you ask about the setup and find out they are in with fish that are stressing the shrimp out. Unless your goal is to have as little activity as possible I don't think that is the best way to do things. I understand not wanting it to end up like so many other forums where the same questions come up twice a week because people get in the mindset that the forum is the only source of information, but I do not think this is the best way to run a forum of any type.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.