· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for being a nice person! ...and the fiendship! :-) - digital3   Thanks for ID'ing my Apisto - Spyder   youre always so nice! - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas Jess :) - MeganL3985   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Fishalicious   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fishalicious   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Fishalicious   HIV/AIDS - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    Strenghts: Latin names , most community fish, Aquascaping, Dwarf Cichlids, Breeding
    Weakness: African Cichlids like Tang or Malawi and Saltwater
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeining75
    I think me and sailor are gonna cry as we are both cichlid freaks lol......
    Didn't say anything about not liking Cichlids, just said I refuse to know about the ones from the African Rift Lakes. Y'see, I'm old enough to remember being able to find African riverine and South American dwarves in shops all the time. And I was really into the three little Aequidens - curviceps, dorsegerus, portalegrensis. I was doing breeding work with these three species, and had a couple shops where I could get more breeding stock to get new blood into the colonies.
    Then the high-colored Rift Lake Cichlid boom hit, and there were no more dwarves to be found other than Kribs and to a lesser extent Rams, and even they were diminished in quality, and still are today.
    So the rift lake species crushed my dwarf cichlid groove, and I will not forget it lol. To say I was ticked off about it would be an understatement.
    Also, I keep soft, acid water species in heavily planted aquariums, and the hard water, alkaline species from the rift lakes have no place in my tanks. That, in a rub, is why I don't know a lot about the rift lakers, but if you want to talk riverine and SA dwarves, and SA and CA Cichlids, I'm your man.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just a regular gift! - Rue   Wheres all your gifts JB?!  Heres another one! - MeganL3985   for a buddy - smaug   Welcome back - sailor   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jbeining75   

0 Not allowed!
    Dave you underestimate yourself.... you are the all things fish encyclopedia........ like I said when the member of the decade comes around you got my vote lol.....
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for identifying SW creature - cocoa_pleco   'Cause it's cute - Sasquatch   Merry Christmas And a Happy New Year! - Northernguy   You should have one of these!lol - Northernguy   Expert Shrimp Guesser! - Brhino   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - DragonGoby   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - DragonGoby   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DragonGoby   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanatic33
    Stengths:catfish,growing java moss,spending money on fish
    I think it's our common strength...

And thank's for the comment Gemini69, it's good to know that efforts pay!
    21 gal: 4 Ornate, 7 Pencilfish, 1 Oto, 7 Amano, 1 Peckoltia-10 gal: 4 Betta rutilans, 6 Galaxy, 1 Cherry, 1 Hillstream -5 gal: 2 Endlers, snail, tiger shrimp-15 gal: 2 Peckoltia, 6 threadfin R.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts. Have a cookie! - Drumachine09   Good luck with your fishie - RobbieG   Loving what you bring to the forum. Hope you are a long-term friend here! - gm72   For being you - Nick_Pavlovski   Whatever yu want it to be - crackatinny   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MeganL3985   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MeganL3985   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MeganL3985   Gay and Lesbian Pride - MeganL3985   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MeganL3985   

0 Not allowed!
    Strengths--(I Like To Think...LoL) Betta's, Gourami, Tetra's, Otocats, Some Diseases, Small Tank Set-Up, Coconut Huts...hahaha....

Weaknesses--Other fish (not mentioned above), Plants, Brackish & Salt water tanks, and keeping my 2 1/2 yr old away from the food and tank hood. Haha....
    *Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What Your Up To*

Tanks-
    55 Gallon--On Hold, In Storage...
    20 Gallon High--Tetra and Cory's
    5 Gallon Hex--Guppies (3 Female, 2 Male)
    2.5 Gallon Mini Bow--Future ADF Habitat
    <3 RIP--To My Former Fishies <3

*Aquatic Lounge Chatroom*
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

welcome to ac! - cocoa_pleco   lol, have a heavy beer too! - cocoa_pleco   mixing your drinks, I see - Lady Hobbs   hobbs, he aint goin anywhere without a margarita! - cocoa_pleco   let's get corked - Lady Hobbs   
    HIV/AIDS - digital3   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - digital3   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - digital3   

0 Not allowed!
    Strengths - When I can be successful at a planted tank, that will be it

Weaknesses - I still feel I'm learning, I just try to steer people clear of repeating my mistakes, but even then I learn something new (correcting my research and assumptions). So no, I'm not there for the 'strengths' yet.
    "My call sign is digital3... But you can call me Joda!"
    Click Here to visit my Blog
    Click Here to see my Pics S.S.A.A.C. & S.R.S.

55 gal. planted (Co2 Pressurized) - 1 Featherfin Syno, 2 Bolivian Rams, 2 SAEs, 3 Congo Tetras, 4 Long Fin Rosy Barbs, 6 Sunset Platys, 2 Lyre Tailed Swordtails, 3 Peppered Corys, 2 YoYo Loaches
    3 gal. planted nano (no Co2) - 1 spotted puffer, 3 Neon Tetras

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeining75
    I think this is working good alot of posts so far.... so everyone read up in the forums on your weaknesses then just post like a paragraph or so on wednesday February 13th.. about what you learned this week on the forum... you'll be surprised at how many things you can learn on here just by digging deeper....
    I've been eye-balling Sailor's funky little Africans he keeps, and have been grudgingly reading about them; even bought a couple books. If you tell anyone that I'll call you a bald-face lier J lol.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just a regular gift! - Rue   Wheres all your gifts JB?!  Heres another one! - MeganL3985   for a buddy - smaug   Welcome back - sailor   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jbeining75   

0 Not allowed!
    I wouldn't due such a thing to such a great person.... I have been reading so much about plants I don't think a paragraphs gonna cut it...

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    strengths -african cichlids
    weakness -patience ,sw
    but learned alot already on here because of you guys i just stubled up on this forum and ive been addicted ever sence
    30g 2 jewels
    30g female convict w/ fry
    10g fry tank w/ 17 convict fry
    10g 2 gouramis 1 danio
    10g hospital
    75g 19 mbuna
    my photobucket
    http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/h...id22c/?start=0

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    bump so everyone can see and keep posting guys Tuesday night I will start the learning posts on here and hopefully everyone will follow on Wednesday...... we willlearn alot on this post as if 20 people post info its like a little mini fish information page....... keep up the good work guys and keep the thread going..........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast