· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: algae troubles

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You're hella cool! - Rocky06fx4   Thank you for your donation! - Tigerbarb   to my new drinking pal ;) - arkie   hope you dont mind...for cara get well soon - angelcakes   My heart goes to Cara - Get well Soon! - Tolley   
    Autism - ZCciVic22   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by shockshockshad
    1 oscar needs a 75 gallon, 2 need a 125 gallon. The biggest fish you can have for 55 gallons a are 6-8". Maybe some firemouths, or BP, or something else (if you like cichlids). remember, that ID shark will get 16" and will need a 125 gallon tank.

My ID shark is about about 20" now. The 150gal I have is too small for him with my 10" Oscar and some other fish. They are schooling fish, and can be skittish if kept alone.
    The former ZCciVic22!

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car; Oversteer is when you hit with the rear. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    checked my nitrites there perfect i cleaned the tank and in 1 day the algea is growing back i bought a raphele (algea eater that grows about 10" long there sposed to be really good) and 3 african chilicds i'm hopeing the algea will get under control

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrwalker
    checked my nitrites there perfect i cleaned the tank and in 1 day the algea is growing back i bought a raphele (algea eater that grows about 10" long there sposed to be really good) and 3 african chilicds i'm hopeing the algea will get under control
    Raphael cats aren't algae eaters. I suspect you bought Platydoras costatus. If he's black with a pair of yellowish stripes, that's what he is. They eat snails, shrimp, small fish, insect larvae . . . in other words, whatever they can fit in their mouth. They are very nocturnal, and do their foraging at night. They'll suck up little fish like neons while they sleep. Whoever told you it'd eat algae was telling you a falsehood so you would buy the fish.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    yepp thats what i bought........dame it i hate pet stores somtimes...so my apple snails in trouble?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    and no shop around here know what a oto is? weird huh? i'm in Nova Scotia (canada) but i should be able to get the fish shouldn't i? do they go by any other names?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You're hella cool! - Rocky06fx4   Thank you for your donation! - Tigerbarb   to my new drinking pal ;) - arkie   hope you dont mind...for cara get well soon - angelcakes   My heart goes to Cara - Get well Soon! - Tolley   
    Autism - ZCciVic22   

0 Not allowed!
    I have both a Spotted and a Striped Raphael in my Piranha tank. They definatly don't eat alge. Actually, they don't even move until well aftet the lights are off...
    The former ZCciVic22!

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car; Oversteer is when you hit with the rear. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    well so far so good algae wise it came back alittle but not bad my i.d. hsark was dead this morning...the chiclids we're picking on him. hopfully it keeps going good i'm going to pick up some more african chiclids this weekend hopfully