· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need a gift...keep up all of the good work....  :) - squirt_12   For keeping a cool head! - coachfraley   to the SW expert! - cocoa_pleco   a fish for your 90g. - squirt_12   for your awesome 90g! - squirt_12   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - spudbuds   

Default Baby Apple Snail - Pics

0 Not allowed!
    Our apples snails laid a few clutches of eggs 10 or 11 days ago. We decided to let one clutch hatch to watch the process. The hatched yesterday and we spotted this little guy a little while ago. We've seen quite a few running around. We'll see how many we end up with. And now, on with the pics.

Here's the clutch we decided to let hatch:

And here's one of the little guys (or gals):
    90G Reef Build Thread

90 Gallon Reef: Ocellaris Clowns, Midas Blenny, Ignitus Anthias, Various inverts
    20 Gallon SW Quarantine: Exquisite Wrasse
    10 Gallon SW Quarantine: Empty
    55 Gallon Community: Neon Tetras, Gold Neon Tetras, GloFish, Corydoras (paleatus & trilineatus), Otocinclus, Mollies, Platies, Apple Snails
    5 Gallon: Crowntail Betta, African Dwarf Frog

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just a regular gift! - Rue   Wheres all your gifts JB?!  Heres another one! - MeganL3985   for a buddy - smaug   Welcome back - sailor   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jbeining75   

0 Not allowed!
    so small that little guy is awesome..... nice pics.....
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift - cocoa_pleco   To A Great AC Member! :) - MeganL3985   Good Luck With Everything - MeganL3985   You might not know anything about SW tanks but you helped anyways!  Here's your first SW fish... enjoy! - rageybug   For you! Thanks! lol - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    where did the female lay her clutch?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need a gift...keep up all of the good work....  :) - squirt_12   For keeping a cool head! - coachfraley   to the SW expert! - cocoa_pleco   a fish for your 90g. - squirt_12   for your awesome 90g! - squirt_12   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by karbomb
    where did the female lay her clutch?
    She laid three. Two were on the lid to the hood and one was on the intake pipe of the filter.
    90G Reef Build Thread

90 Gallon Reef: Ocellaris Clowns, Midas Blenny, Ignitus Anthias, Various inverts
    55 Gallon Community: Neon Tetras, Gold Neon Tetras, GloFish, Corydoras (paleatus & trilineatus), Otocinclus, Mollies, Platies, Apple Snails

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift - cocoa_pleco   To A Great AC Member! :) - MeganL3985   Good Luck With Everything - MeganL3985   You might not know anything about SW tanks but you helped anyways!  Here's your first SW fish... enjoy! - rageybug   For you! Thanks! lol - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    thats awesome. i have some mystery snails i am waiting to see if they breed, just wondering where to look for the clutch/es. how big are they?
    btw great photos, especially the first one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    They breed by laying their eggs in moist areas above the water line. So, you just have to look around the top of your tank and you'll see them if they are there. They are about 1-2" in length, 1/2" or so wide. Here's are pic of them further away so you can see about how big they are. That's half of my 55g hood, so it's 24" across there. It surprised me when I first opened the cover and saw them. I'm still not sure how she got them way over there.

90G Reef Build Thread

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thanks very much for helping me and sticking with me till the end. lol - squirt_12   For your new baby girl! - gm72   **Congrats On Your New Baby **  : ) - MeganL3985   Congrats!!! - Hailey   Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   
    Autism - country_boy454   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - country_boy454   

0 Not allowed!
    Cute little guy, or gal. Awesome pics!
    20g long 84w, fluorite, planted, 5 Habrosus Corys, MTS, pair of Clown Pleco (L104)
    20gal tall: home to 10 brevis. Letting them pair off then will put the rest into the 55.
    55g empty

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Gorgeous new aquascaping! - Rue   for good luck and something magical to hold - smaug   you can be my valentine anytime jarhead - smaug   Thanks for the support - jbeining75   I thank you for the thoughtful gift,:) - kitten3326   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - shalafi04   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - shalafi04   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - shalafi04   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - shalafi04   Childhood Cancer - shalafi04   

0 Not allowed!
    how adorable. :)
    ~~Misty~~

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For extraordinary attention to rocks! - Rue   heres another to the collection lol - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice pics, very nice pics, cute little fella, bet my clown loaches would like him/her.
    Can I ask what camera/lense combo your using?

Interesting tank as well, could you post a few open shots showing its layout, just interested/curious/idea hunting.
    hehe
    180 gal
    13 clown loach medium 2-4", 1 clown loach large 5" 10 clown loach small >2", 4 zebra loach >2", 1 gold nugget plec 3", Snowball plec 3", 1 hop catfish 3".

55Gal
    Tiger oscar

33gal
    1 siamese fighter, 1 king tiger plec, 8 white cloud minnows

37 gal
    waiting/cycling

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'm using a Canon PowerShot SD800IS. It's just a point and shoot, but the macro mode works pretty well.

I don't have a current full tank shot, but I'll try to get one for you soon.
    90G Reef Build Thread