· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first plant - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985   here is one on me! - smaug   for help in time of need!!!!! - jbeining75   have a gift - mitcore   

0 Not allowed!
    Dario darios are in the dario family.
    !~*Shockshockshad*~!
    30 gallon
    Heavily Planted SE Asian biotope
    -2 SAE's, 13 threadfin rainbows, 6 White Cloud Mtn. Minnows and a dwarf gourami

12 gallon
    2 bamboo shrimp, couple cherry shrimp, 10 neons, 6 CPD's and 8 spotted rasboras

75 gallon
    South American tank
    -1 Firemouth , 1 blue acara

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for being a nice person! ...and the fiendship! :-) - digital3   Thanks for ID'ing my Apisto - Spyder   youre always so nice! - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas Jess :) - MeganL3985   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Fishalicious   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fishalicious   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Fishalicious   HIV/AIDS - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    Harems are 1 male / 2 females

You could keep 3 of each - 3 Dario's and 3 Pumila's and some small shrimp to help clean (I never count shrimp in set-ups as they clean more than they produce anything)

There have been many arguments where the Dario's belong some even saying they were a kind of dwarf cichlid... they are in fact in the Badidae family - so perch-like.

They are a really stunning color and so interesting.... I think they get overlooked as they are so tiny
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a gift as a thank you for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah*   Congrats on the new fry :) - *Sarah*   *kicks* :P - Drumachine09   Just because! - 2manyfish   Have a great Birthday! - CAF   
    Childhood Cancer - squirt_12   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - squirt_12   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - squirt_12   

0 Not allowed!
    wow...i didn't think i could keep that many fish in a little 5g..

cool i never knew thats what a Harem ment....but i was reading on the net that females are difficult to come by...so would it be fine if i got like 2-3 males? like if i couldn't get any females?? or even 2 males 1 female?????

thanks.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for being a nice person! ...and the fiendship! :-) - digital3   Thanks for ID'ing my Apisto - Spyder   youre always so nice! - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas Jess :) - MeganL3985   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Fishalicious   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fishalicious   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Fishalicious   HIV/AIDS - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    Your talking about fish that are under 1 inch and the others hardly above so yeah...

You can take 2-3 males but be sure they have enough little hidey holes - they are like mini cichlids so are territorial (without the killing though) If they don't have any females at all I would try with 2 males first...
    My own Fish Blog

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift - cocoa_pleco   To A Great AC Member! :) - MeganL3985   Good Luck With Everything - MeganL3985   You might not know anything about SW tanks but you helped anyways!  Here's your first SW fish... enjoy! - rageybug   For you! Thanks! lol - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    this post got me thinking about other fish that can live in a 5g, i started a new post as not to hijack this one. but those dario darios are adorable. i really want some now.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a gift as a thank you for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah*   Congrats on the new fry :) - *Sarah*   *kicks* :P - Drumachine09   Just because! - 2manyfish   Have a great Birthday! - CAF   
    Childhood Cancer - squirt_12   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - squirt_12   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - squirt_12   

0 Not allowed!
    YOU WIN!!!! PM me for some points!!!!
    Fishalicious....would some stuff like clay pots work for hiding holes?? or should i do something different?????

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Heavy planting and those tiny tiny little clay pots you get with aquatic stem plants - 1 for each Dario although they are free spawners their own little 'hideout' will help with territory
    My own Fish Blog

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    ok....thanks....

is there anything else that i can use as a hiding place???

Fishalicious...would you beable to post a pic of what your tank looks like with these fish in it????

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sure no problem...I'll post one up tomorrow - it's 2am here LOL not sure you will be able to see the fish though as they are so small
    My own Fish Blog

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishalicious
    Sure no problem...I'll post one up tomorrow - it's 2am here LOL not sure you will be able to see the fish though as they are so small
    wow...its late there....thats alright if i can't see the fish.....i just want to see the setup that you have......sounds cool.
    thanks