· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New shrimps!

1. Default New shrimps!

0 Not allowed!
    I will definately go back again to Big Als at Montreal.... Wow... I mean... they have a s*itload of stuff ^_^... So, last evening, I went and couldn't resist... had to buy some new stuff and they happen to had some neat Amano shrimps at cheap price and good ghost shrimp size/price... so on the paper, I write down : 6 Amano (for 11.99$can) and 10 ghost (for 5.99$can)... so I was expecting to have the right quantity.... but .... well, when I got home... what have I notice ? ... there were about 20 ghost... so I was kinda happy bout it... ^_^ heh free shrimp :D... and when I've checked the Amano.... instead of 6, there were about 12 or 15... I was "WOOT!".... they normally run at 5$ each here... so... I got like 15 MONSTER amano for 12$... that's barely 1.50$ each ! :D... I love Big Als !

0 Not allowed!
    Great score there! I wish I had a store like that in shooting distance from me.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah nice score just keep the whole tank closed up... ghost shrimp love to jump out.....
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    dang, thats a deal and a half right there.

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark Whee! - Nick_Pavlovski Drink up! - Drumachine09 For keeping TOF alive! - Drumachine09 For Being A Great Friend - MeganL3985 
    good job - Lady Hobbs I am baking today and figured I'd share...thanks for helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** A thank you for adding me to your buddy list :) - *Sarah* for the inspiration, and the friend add :) - calla a cigar for you - Dave66 
    good quiz answer - Dave66 Thanks for being a friend! Cheers! - SkarloeysMom I think you need a book!! (It's a book about fish of course!) - 2manyfish i noticed i havent given you a gift yet! - cocoa_pleco Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 
    Merry christmas! - cocoa_pleco Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12 Happy Birthday Friend! - SkarloeysMom Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish Merry Christmas! - digital3 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - tropfish AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - tropfish Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - tropfish HIV/AIDS - tropfish Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - tropfish 
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - tropfish 

0 Not allowed!
    Good deal, that's awesome.
    55g: 1 Severum, 1 Raphael Catfish, 1 Syno Catfish

5g: adopted goldfish..

2.5g: crowntail betta

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    There's a Big Al's in Montreal? Cool, where is it?

I'm heading down early next week and it'd be cool to look around.

Nice score on the shrimp, we have some at the LFS at $2.50 each, but you get a discout if you buy lots (15% for 3, 20% for 6+).
    My AC Fish Gallery:
    Another gallery with my fish

21 Gallon - 3 Ornate Tetras, 7 Pencilfish, 1 Oto cat, 7 Amano shrimp, 1 Peckoltia brevis, 1 clown pleco
    15 Gallon - 1 clown pleco, 6 threadfin rainbows
    10 Gallon - 7 Galaxy Rasboras, 4 Betta rutilans, Cherry shrimp, 1 Hillstream Loach
    65 Gallon - Cycling!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Big Al's is the best, they really know what they are doing. I live about 20 minutes away from one and have bought all my fish , aquariums and aquarium related stuff there.
    15 gallon goldfish tank
    -2 8 year old goldfish

30 gallon planted tank
    -Pumpkinseed (wild)

75 gallon tank
    -Spotted Gar
    -Oscar
    -Male and female Jack Dempseys

15 gallon
    -Psycho Convict
    ( Murder charges x2)

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I went to a petstore, and they had ghost shrimp for .75 cents a peice.

Im kicking myself for not getting some.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeining75
    Yeah nice score just keep the whole tank closed up... ghost shrimp love to jump out.....
    Yeah, I know... I've been keeping alot ghost shrimp a while ago... so I'm aware of what theses littl' monster can do :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    There's a Big Al's in Montreal? Cool, where is it?

I'm heading down early next week and it'd be cool to look around.

Nice score on the shrimp, we have some at the LFS at $2.50 each, but you get a discout if you buy lots (15% for 3, 20% for 6+).
    Yeah it's on the corner of the Aut 40 and Blv des sources. here's a link from the web site:
    http://www.bigalscanada.com/storeloc...l/montmain.htm

And there's a "suposed to be" huge Nature near this big Al... It's near the Fairview Point-claire and Blv St-jean. Here's a link from the web site:
    http://www.naturepet.com/locations.htm

And for theses shrimps you can get off your pet store... are they Ghost shrimp ? or all kind of shrimps ? what do they stock ? I'm surious :D

Quote Originally Posted by Ty
    I went to a petstore, and they had ghost shrimp for .75 cents a peice.

Im kicking myself for not getting some.
    Yeah Ghost aren't expensive since they are mainly sold as feeder for bigger fishes... but they are just sooo great at cleaning and looking at when in a community tank :D...

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azear
    And for theses shrimps you can get off your pet store... are they Ghost shrimp ? or all kind of shrimps ? what do they stock ? I'm surious :D
    Thanks for the info. Don't think I'll have time to go there next week, but it's always good to know it's there.

For the shrimps, they had:
    - Amano shrimp $2
    - Green shrimp $2.5
    - Green Rock Shrimp $4

I bought the green shrimps. Six of them for $12, so they only cost about $2 each. So far so good, they're in the 10g and cleaning like mad. It's kinda funny, they're all sticking to the back wall of the aquarium. It's cool to see them "from the top" like that.
    My AC Fish Gallery:
    Another gallery with my fish

21 Gallon - 3 Ornate Tetras, 7 Pencilfish, 1 Oto cat, 7 Amano shrimp, 1 Peckoltia brevis, 1 clown pleco
    15 Gallon - 1 clown pleco, 6 threadfin rainbows
    10 Gallon - 7 Galaxy Rasboras, 4 Betta rutilans, Cherry shrimp, 1 Hillstream Loach
    65 Gallon - Cycling!