· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have already been on that website. I guess I will keep it in a jar of water with something to land on out of the water to see what happens. I can't set it free, it is winter here and it wouldn't survive. It was in a plastic cup at my lfs so it should be ok with clean, cool water. Definately not a shrimp larvae though, right?????Please keep posting opinions though.
    55 gallon long: Lots of Endler's Livebearers, Dalmation Mollys, three glofish, one male betta, two very large Apple Snails and two Albino Bristlenose Plecos.

20 gallon: one Golden/Bolivian Ram mix, one Golden Ram and guppies.

10 gallon Planted: Blue Pearl Shrimp, 2 baby Albino Bristlenose Plecos and 1 baby Long Finned Brown Bristlenose Pleco.

10 gallon: Growout tank for Guppies and Mollys.

2.5 minibow Planted: 4 Orange Algae Eating Shrimp and 2 Amano Shrimp.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    After searching all day, I'm thinking that they may be Caridina cf. propinqua. They do not look like Neocaridina sp. Orange when I search for them. What do you think???
    55 gallon long: Lots of Endler's Livebearers, Dalmation Mollys, three glofish, one male betta, two very large Apple Snails and two Albino Bristlenose Plecos.

10 gallon Planted: Blue Pearl Shrimp, 2 baby Albino Bristlenose Plecos and 1 baby Long Finned Brown Bristlenose Pleco.

0 Not allowed!
    I am pretty sure it is the Neocaridina sp. Orange (english name) The proper and aptly german name is Neocaridina sp. "mandarine"

Search under that name and you will find the same as yours... I sell them as well...

Caridina cf. propinqua are brackwater shrimp and also need salt to molt properly as they are proper brackwater shrimp.... they are near as impossible to breed.

If you have more than one and a mix of males & females it will be pretty easy to identify - if they breed quite quickly they will be the Neocaridina if they don't breed at all then the Caridina ;) ;) :)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fishalicious; 01-12-2008 at 09:49 AM.
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Do you mean brackish?
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

0 Not allowed!
    brackwater shrimp - braskish = Tomato - Tomatoe

Brackish fish are from brackwater
    My own Fish Blog

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You may be right. I went back and bought 2 more. I also bought 2 clear ones that look exactly the same except no orange. I hope you are right, that way they will breed for me if I got male and female. As for the worm, who knows. I don't know if I have a male and a female though. Wherever they got them from might have only sold one sex to prevent breeding competition in my area. I wonder if I could get a pair of yours fishalicious. Then I would be able to compare them and see if they all breed together. What do you think?
    Last edited by emma_421; 01-12-2008 at 05:08 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    That would be an idea unfortunately I live in Europe

Do the white ones look exactely the same? And are they slightly see through or are the more proper white all over?
    My own Fish Blog

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here is a picture of one of the clear ones. They both look the same as eachother and just like the orange ones, only clear.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    OK. scratch that. Upon looking further it seems that the clear ones have a different shaped head. Their eyes poke out of the top and are larger that the orange shrimp.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    to me the clear one looks like an amano shrimp.