· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Shrimp Identification

0 Not allowed!
    I picked these guys up at my lfs today. They had them labeled as Orange Algea Eating Shrimp. I looked them up on the internet and all I can come up with is Orange Bee Shrimp. They are a little over an inch long. Is that what these guys are? Also, how do you tell the difference between a male and a female? And there appears to be a hairy, yellow worm looking larva on a plant that they came with, is it a baby?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    55 gallon long: Lots of Endler's Livebearers, Dalmation Mollys, three glofish, one male betta, two very large Apple Snails and two Albino Bristlenose Plecos.

20 gallon: one Golden/Bolivian Ram mix, one Golden Ram and guppies.

10 gallon Planted: Blue Pearl Shrimp, 2 baby Albino Bristlenose Plecos and 1 baby Long Finned Brown Bristlenose Pleco.

10 gallon: Growout tank for Guppies and Mollys.

2.5 minibow Planted: 4 Orange Algae Eating Shrimp and 2 Amano Shrimp.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    A pic of the worm will help.

Shape looks like an amano shrimp. I just posted about the blue one I brought home last night. One post said that species comes in just about any color, so it seems like an orange morph of an amano shrimp (algae eating shrimp).
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

0 Not allowed!
    It's a Neocaridina sp. Orange - should be kept in a group of at least 10 - they are not very often seen in the market so you are one lucky fishkeeper The females have saddles on their back and males have less color and stay smaller... they have the same care and breeding as Cherry Shrimp

The Orange Bee Shrimp has blackish stripes on it so it is def the above one.

The Amano shrimp is a Caridina so they are not connected in any way...

Shrimp babies are perfectly formed little tiny shrimp and don't resemble a worm - sounds like it might be planaria.
    Last edited by Fishalicious; 01-11-2008 at 10:33 PM.
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think it's planaria. It looks like a yellow caterpillar, only under water. It came on one of the plants that was in the cup with one of my shrimp. I will try to get a picture.
    55 gallon long: Lots of Endler's Livebearers, Dalmation Mollys, three glofish, one male betta, two very large Apple Snails and two Albino Bristlenose Plecos.

10 gallon Planted: Blue Pearl Shrimp, 2 baby Albino Bristlenose Plecos and 1 baby Long Finned Brown Bristlenose Pleco.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Man, I love my camera. Here is a picture of the tiny little thing. What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

0 Not allowed!
    oooooh defo not planaria LOL Looks like a larvae of something a lot larger... some insect...not a dragonfly but don't know what...

In any case it should not be in the aqua - set it free
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark Whee! - Nick_Pavlovski Drink up! - Drumachine09 For keeping TOF alive! - Drumachine09 For Being A Great Friend - MeganL3985 
    good job - Lady Hobbs I am baking today and figured I'd share...thanks for helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** A thank you for adding me to your buddy list :) - *Sarah* for the inspiration, and the friend add :) - calla a cigar for you - Dave66 
    good quiz answer - Dave66 Thanks for being a friend! Cheers! - SkarloeysMom I think you need a book!! (It's a book about fish of course!) - 2manyfish i noticed i havent given you a gift yet! - cocoa_pleco Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 
    Merry christmas! - cocoa_pleco Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12 Happy Birthday Friend! - SkarloeysMom Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish Merry Christmas! - digital3 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - tropfish AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - tropfish Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - tropfish HIV/AIDS - tropfish Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - tropfish 
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - tropfish 

0 Not allowed!
    you should keep it in a small container and see what it turns into
    55g: 1 Severum, 1 Raphael Catfish, 1 Syno Catfish

5g: adopted goldfish..

2.5g: crowntail betta

Awards Showcase

For doing such good research!! - Rue hehe. - Tolley nascar prize - sailor Happy Birthday! - squirt_12 For rescuing feeders!  Way to go! - Rue 
    Thanks for the rep! - robnepper To the only guy to quote himself! - Mr.Prototype Thinking of Noah & your family xxx - Fishalicious For your 1 year at AC xxx - Fishalicious Not enough gifts - The Red Severum 
    you need more! - The Red Severum one more! - The Red Severum won the lottery with your donation, had to buy you a beer - mrs fishpatrick Time for another round! - northernguy A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey 
    Here's one on the house, Nick. - robnepper Merry Christmas - Northernguy Thanks!! - Wild Turkey your info has been great the last couple of days - The Red Severum I appreciate your generousity! - Brookfish 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - NickFish Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NickFish Childhood Cancer - NickFish Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - NickFish 

0 Not allowed!
    very strange little thing. Ya I agree with Trop see if you can get it to grow.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I like Pie.. and I love my Fish.. so whats your game?

My Photos, enjoy.
    My Photo Bucket

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    shrimp are cool..
    I like Pie.. and I love my Fish.. so whats your game?

My Photos, enjoy.
    My Photo Bucket