· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for being my new buddy! - 2manyfish   A fishy for all the reef tank help : ) - ♣Erik3.8.07♣   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish   Thanks for all the reef help! - NickFish   No Message - squirt_12   

0 Not allowed!
    If I am not mistaken, Fenix uses the rio on his 10g.
    40g SW

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs   Have a beer on me - sailor   Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75   happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes   Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by coachfraley
    I am also a little skeptical about the bagged live sand. I don't quite understand how those companies can claim that the beneficial bacteria is still viable after sitting in a bag that long (I always felt the same way about eco-complete for planted tanks). I can attest to the fact that the bagged live sand does not create a noticeable ammonia spike in tanks, but I do not know how much beneficial bacteria is present in the tank after the sand is added. I also know for sure that the baged live sand is a POPULAR product, and it is used by a lot of reefers (many of whom swear by it) so I felt inclined to include it in my post.

I don't know how common this is, but there are a couple of LFSs' in my area that keep live sand in a curing tank (just like live rock), and they just scoop it out when you want some. That was what I was referring to when I mentioned "live sand from your LFS".

You are definitely right that I should have explained that section of my post better, would you like to suggest a correction??? Maybe with a few edits, we can get this thing stickied (if that is a word) lol.

Thanks Zack

This rocks and it a great way to get live plants. I take a little bag with me and take some of the water from the tank to see what the conditions are like, (test it when i get home) Cuz im pretty new to live decor and it helps alot to see the plants are doing well in a tank before i get home, id think the same goes for live rock

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    ive had 3 RIO's, and i dont know why but all die on me, i get it running awesome, skimming and water pumping through, and in the morning theres no water in the skimmer and its running dry, with a burnt out motor

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your puppies, grandma :) - Dave66   thanks for the SW help :) - squirt_12   Just for being a good friend - ILuvMyGoldBarb   for all the awesome help! - squirt_12   guess! :) - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like you're losing syphon somehow. I've never used one....nor any of the others I mentioned personally. I have spoken to people that have used both the rio nano and the skilter. I have only really heard complaints about the skilter (though I can't comment on what the complaint on it was, as it was a long time ago). I hadn't heard any complaints on the rio except that it could be more efficient.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    ive never had a rio run for me more than 3 days (how long my first one lasted), but one of the reef stores here had a 10g show tank with a RIO and it barely pumps water and doesnt skim anything anymore, i personally just think that this is a sign that HOB's and skimmers shouldnt mix